Rausch Creek to open 8,000 acres for guided trail rides

• http://www.rc4x4.org/rcforum/index.php/topic,15624.0.html

I'd probably want to get some trail reports from others first but depending on how much of it is black/green I'd be willing to pay $20 and deal with a guide to wheel new stuff.

• I went on a few guided rides. the guided ride last month was really good. The guide showed me some of the old parts of the park like trail 6 that I didn't even know existed. It was well worth the extra $20.

• Looks like they are trying to generate more income.

Don't remember seeing this before: [url=http://www.rc4x4.org/rcforum/index.php/topic,15545.0]http://www.rc4x4.org/rcforum/index.php/topic,15545.0[/url]

$60 to be guided thru green trails. :shrug:

At least 5 vehicles x $60 = $300 for guiding newbies down dirt roads for the day. That's a pretty nice profit on their part plus those people will be more likely to return in the future on their own.

• it's supposed to be a kinda-secret so people don't go there outside of the official groups.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• c'mom guys, wheres all self-employed DEJA members, dont think for 1 minute RC is a cash cow? lets think about 8 work days per month? yes, really about 8 days they can make $$. of course the weather is a big factor, plus winter wheelin is very slow. guided rides are a great way to get nubies started, 20$ is cheap not to destroy your junk.

• c'mom guys, wheres all self-employed DEJA members, dont think for 1 minute RC is a cash cow? lets think about 8 work days per month? yes, really about 8 days they can make $$. of course the weather is a big factor, plus winter wheelin is very slow. guided rides are a great way to get nubies started, 20$ is cheap not to destroy your junk.

Well said. :up:

• my 2 cents would be.... preparation for potential loss of income due to Northumberland OHV....

I also dont see it going over to well with people at the park, those who spend a lot of time wheeling there, since the fee for the new property, now a fee for a secret wheeling spot on the property that is guided only.... Getting a little fee heavy IMO

• I am really excited for the new trails, but I would have thought they would have increased the park fee by a small amount and allowed the new properties to sell themselves. Oh well, definitely will check it out once.

• when you look at the overall cost of wheeling which includes buying the vehicle, the mods to the vehicle, labor, etc...it is many, many thousands of dollars. with that in perspective, i dont mind paying extra to support those that support our hobby. if an extra $20 a trip is what it takes to keep an offroad park in business, then i have no problem paying. if that extra $20 is out of your budget they you are 100% in the wrong hobby. plus, its optional, if you want additional service from the park.

• Guys I will respond to some of these posts just because I like the record to be clear.

This is 100% a choice to check out new land. We aren’t making anybody do anything they don’t want to pay for. This land is owned by the company we currently have our contract with and it an “add on” so that means costs to us. We are making nothing extra off this deal (believe it or not). This was something as a perk to those who want to check out something new. New park north of us, economy, etc.. won’t stop RC from moving forward. For those who know where we started and where we are now understand that. For those who have been around before RC know myself , Lynn and Kyle have been giving to this sport for many years before RC. If this was a money thing I would have quit before we started.

If anything this adds a headache to our staff and our day in day out operation when we have these rides. This was something for you the wheeler to have a choice to check something out new.

I will be a jerk for a second and say if you think we are money hunger you really don’t know us at RC. The people running this are wheelers just like you to put a lot on hold to make RC happen. Something I thought was a cool thing seems to be back firing. I will get off my soap box now. :innocent:

I received a PM about this thread so if the board wants to pull my post feel free.

Thanks for the time to read guys

Later
    Bruce

• Thanks for posting. Your input/opinions are always welcome here Bruce. Thanks for everything you guys do for us and the sport. :up:

• Looks like they are trying to generate more income.

Don't remember seeing this before: http://www.rc4x4.org/rcforum/index.php/topic,15545.0

$60 to be guided thru green trails. :shrug:

I think this made it confusing. It's not just green trails. If you click on Geoff's link they say starting in December. The guided green ride is for this weekend which is still November.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!