deja web site and tablets

• any thought on getting the deja board to run better/faster on my tablet. the deja site by far is much slower then any of the other bbs that i visit. actually its only slow when i have to type posts. i thing its all the smileys. also it runs slow on my blackberry. on my phone its so slow it skips letters as i type

aaron

• Hate to dissagree, but this site is actually the fastest site on all of my devices.

More importantly, what exact tablet are you using? I'm guessing the cpu is older, the smilies/flash intensive stuff will show the age of your hardware.

Edit: you could always use the tapatalk app for forums like this one.

• anybody want to give me a tablet for testing purposes? I'm not picky, a Galaxy Tab 10.1 is fine... :innocent:

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• any thought on getting the deja board to run better/faster on my tablet. the deja site by far is much slower then any of the other bbs that i visit. actually its only slow when i have to type posts. i thing its all the smileys. also it runs slow on my blackberry. on my phone its so slow it skips letters as i type

aaron

That was happening to me on the iPhone. Tapatalk is where it's at unless you really need the smileys.

• hmm try using the quick reply at the bottom of the page? that won't show the smilies.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• the problem is the animated gifs, not the file size. it takes a little processor power to do the gifs. some browsers do it better than others.

the quick reply is turned off on your profile settings, I just turned it on for ya. :D it's in the Look & Layout preferences.

Jerry / Whatevah

• the quick reply is better but i can still hunt and peck with one finger faster then it types it on the screen. maybe ill see if the cel version of the site is better

• mine is the gallaxy 10.1.

jerry you are welcome to stop by and do some testing

aaron

Well there goes the idea that it's the hardware. lolz If I had to make any other wild guesses, it might just be how the android web browser in honeycomb handles it? I only have experience with Android flavors 2.xx and 4.xx. Never had the opportunity to mess with 3.xx. I'm sure your OS is as up-to-date as Samsung will let it, so either tapatalk or try another browser from the marketplace? I use firefox on everything but android, not because I don't like it, just have never needed a different browser other than the stock flavor. Maybe it's worth a shot in your case? I know it's gotta be hard to give up the fishing smiley. :D

:fishing:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!