Flat fenders/ flares?

• I'm trying to get some opinions on either flat tube fenders or doing flat flares. I currently have the smitty bilt 6" flares on my 06 Tj thats got 33's woth 4" lift and I broke one and honestly want something different. I just took all the flares off and am riding around with nothing but the stock fenders lol. I kinda like how it makes the jeep look.

And if I do fenders should I get a DIY kit or bolt ons? Any recommendations??
    Thanks!

• i got mine from sniperfab. i had them add the three inch flare. i had them weld them too because it was an eight piece kit. i welded in my old inner fenders and bolted yhem up. they look pretty good.

aaron

• I just took all the flares off and am riding around with nothing but the stock fenders lol. I kinda like how it makes the jeep look.

That's what gives 4x4's a bad rep.

The chances of you throwing a stone into someone's windshield are probably about 50% greater with no flares.

• I was looking at a set of these eventually w/ the 3.5" flare. I would get some used fenders to do this to, so I could keep my stock fenders and flares in case DMV doesn't like them much.
    http://modernclassicenterprises.com/

Quick dana 35 test: kick one of the rear tires. If the axle breaks, it&#039;s a 35<br />01 TJ Sahara<br />TJ- 4.0 5spd, 8.8, RE 4.5&quot; lift, RC X-Flex Arms, 1&quot; BL w/ MM Lift, Clayton/JKS Trackbars, 33&#039;s, Rusty&#039;s Rock Bumpers, XRC Sliders, PIAA&#039;s, Delta H4 Conv, CB, Skids<br />Future Mods: Going back to 3&quot; springs with Johnny Joints on all the arms.

Edited once, last by Sahara54 ().

• I put some on my jeep over the summer because I was painting the whole thing and didn't like the chalked look of the stock flares. Plus one of mine was cracked from the previous owner. I think they have made my jeep look a million times better. I got the DIY kit to save $100. As for the DMV I think they aren't caring as much or I just got lucky. My jeep should of failed for 4 differen't things. I didn't have any side markers with my new flares, my tires stuck out more than 3" from the flares, I don't have a 3rd brake light (some people tell me I don't need one and some say I do) and my overhead lights don't have covers. I took it through to fail and get a 30 day extension and I ended up passing.

-Caitlin

• I put some on my jeep over the summer because I was painting the whole thing and didn't like the chalked look of the stock flares. Plus one of mine was cracked from the previous owner. I think they have made my jeep look a million times better. I got the DIY kit to save $100. As for the DMV I think they aren't caring as much or I just got lucky. My jeep should of failed for 4 differen't things. I didn't have any side markers with my new flares, my tires stuck out more than 3" from the flares, I don't have a 3rd brake light (some people tell me I don't need one and some say I do) and my overhead lights don't have covers. I took it through to fail and get a 30 day extension and I ended up passing.

-Caitlin

Clearly you have a significant advantage. Did you ever get a lift on it? I know you were talking about it after you let Brad roll a bead on it.

• Clearly you have a significant advantage. Did you ever get a lift on it? I know you were talking about it after you let Brad roll a bead on it.

I finally got the suspension lift and steering stabilizers which is what I have been waiting on. My dad and I were going to put it on this weekend but he forgot it was superbowl weekend and he is going to that wing bowl Friday so It got pushed back to the following weekend. So I am hoping then we can put it on. He wants to start it friday night and be done sunday afternoon or evening. We have the MML, body and suspension lift and steering stabilizers to put on. Then I can finally put on the 33s that have been sitting in the garage since June lol.

-Caitlin

• I really like those. I like the way the go in in the front. Brad ill sell mine. And ill make a set.

GenRight's have a very similar "hoodline" look, And they have more options as far as flare size and hi-line. But at half the price, I'll suport the little guy with the ebay store.

• Fiend78 u should start a side biz running guys jeeps through the dmv Haha.

Haha, I did hear that the guys line I went through was a big flirt. But my dads friend just lifted his jeep and right after he did someone ran into it when it was parked and just ruined everything. It bent the springs and a weld broke on the frame. The insurance company totaled it but he bought it back and we fixed the weld and he had to take it back through inspection and it passed even with his tires hanging out 5". We measured them before he went through. He was just taking it through to get the extension too.

I believe these are the same ones I bought off ebay. I planned on doing the rear with the rear set they have but I just never got around to doing it and I had my stock flares painted black in the rear when I painted my jeep orange and I think it looks alright.

You can spend another $100 and they will build them for you.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-t…p=mtr&hash=item4ab361ab40

-Caitlin

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!