Military trailer for jeep.

• For those too lazy to click:

Military trailer perfect for jeep or truck - $350 (Smyrna / Clayton)

Bought a few years ago with idea to pull behind my 47 CJ2A Jeep and never got around to painting it or using it.
    Pulled it home from where I got it and pulls good. I need the space in the barn more then the trailer. NO Title but will provide a Bill of Sale.
    I also have a M105 that I have owned for over 12 years that I do have title for and will be listing and selling also. It is one heavy duty trailer but I don't use it anymore. I was pulling behind a old Dump truck that I got rid off. I will take pictures of the M105 tonight.

• I thought that most of the military trailers had no titles?

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• man this is so tempting, but I know I don't need it!

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• The 105one is too big to be pulled by anything less than a lifted dually with a diesel. They were meant to be behind deuce and a halfs.

This is a m101a1 and is similiar to 105the but not as heavy duty.

• with no title it cannot be tagged in Delaware with a bill of sale?

DE is a hassle with or without paperwork. Bill of sale means next to nothing without a VIN or title. If it has a VIN and the appropriate paperwork from the military, a title may be gotten and it registered. Just use Maine because as soon as Delaware sees something atypical, like a military trailer without a VIN or title, good f'ing luck.

EDIT: Like I have implied, there is no realistic downside to registering in Maine. Why bother doing anything else?

• [size=3]I have a 69 or 70 short bed pick-up trailer, with a special construction title in Pa. I took picture and submitted to the DOT, and got a title, Is the problem, because of being military? I also have a nephew, who got a military truck titled in Pa.[/size]

• [size=3]I have a 69 or 70 short bed pick-up trailer, with a special construction title in Pa. I took picture and submitted to the DOT, and got a title, Is the problem, because of being military? I also have a nephew, who got a military truck titled in Pa.[/size]

in de you can title what you have as home made. if your trailer is obviously not homemade then you have to have a title and vin to regerster it. like brian said you can get a maine title then trasfer it to de if you want.

aaron

• in de you can title what you have as home made. if your trailer is obviously not homemade then you have to have a title and vin to regerster it. like brian said you can get a maine title then trasfer it to de if you want.

aaron

Be aware, the State Police guys, that approve the issuance of a VIN and hence title, are quite aware of what a military trailer looks like. You aren't gonna just roll up, tell them its home-built, and you want a VIN assigned to get a title...

Often, with military "vehicles", the original buyers are too cheap to pay the extra money to get the proper paperwork from the seller. Without that paperwork, US or Canada, titling military vehicles gets difficult. You will find that many of the trailers are being sold not because "I didn't have the for the project." That is a BS answer. A lot of them, mine included, were sold because they tried to get them registered and couldn't, at least not easily. And the guys at DMV have very little knowledge so it makes it that much more difficult to deal with anything out of the ordinary.

• went and took a look at this today. It's a bantam BT3-C civilian trailer. Looks to be an earlier one, though they all look very similar. it's pretty beat up which is to be expected from a 60+ year old farm trailer. Good amount of rot has been covered up with primer. The original floor is there, though it is rusted through and has holes in it. The floor has been covered with about 1/4" plate steel. The original identification plate is gone, has a VIN that looks to be a PA homebuilt VIN. Sorry I didn't take any pics.

• Let me see " Good amount of rot has been covered up with primer. The original floor is there, though it is rusted through and has holes in it." I would like ANYONE to come look at this trailer and tell me where there is rot and or holes. Anyone that does and can point them out gets a case of what ever beer they drink!!! It does a a replaced floor but no rot and holes. SO I am not sure what you are taking about. Anyone want to see pictures? I uploaded some http://www.delawarehunter.com/Trailer/

This guy is crazy or playing down my trailer in the hopes it does not sell or something. Shame seemed like a real nice guy.

JJ

• if you were farther north, I'd come take a look, but probably end up buying it... and I have no place to store it. Or, a use for it, really besides fixing it up and reselling it. :) It looks good in the photos, aside from what looks like rust at the front left corner. http://www.delawarehunter.com/Trailer/IMG_1595.JPG The price certainly sounds fair if the frame is good.

good luck with the sale!

Jerry / Whatevah

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!