spare tire carrier

• Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Wow I thought like all you guys hated me on here to. Here you would back me up means a lot.

No one's ever hated you Hunter. :-\ You will realize that this group is a bunch of complete assholes (me included) that have a few nice people hang around and put up with us.
    We fight like cats and dogs (you should see the BOD forum :hysterical:), but when it comes down to it, we all stick together and are always friends. I've grown to love it.

Member or no member, it's all good, we'll stick by ya. :)

• No one's ever hated you Hunter. :-\ You will realize that this group is a bunch of complete assholes (me included) that have a few nice people hang around and put up with us.
    We fight like cats and dogs (you should see the BOD forum :hysterical: ), but when it comes down to it, we all stick together and are always friends. I've grown to love it.

Member or no member, it's all good, we'll stick by ya. :)

True statement. The best dysfunctional family I have ever called home

• I agree with John. Watching a person's back on the website is one thing, but when a group of folks that are related primarily through the website (Jeeps too, I know) band together to confront a person then it becomes, whether a good or bad outcome, a reflection of the club. Basically, it's starting to be more of a witch hunt then just two people dealing with their private transaction privately. Banding together to be muscle for the buyer is borderline crossing the club's rule of "DeJA does not mediate disputes over products or refunds."

Chris (only my opinion)

...a reflection of the club. <-- Agreed. Even though some of us aren't DeJA members we still are associated through the clubs website as you said. I would hate to bring any negative perception to DeJA even if it was initially through good intentions.

FWIW I don't think we should form a lynch mob but I think at least one person (preferrably knowledgable in swing away carriers) would be good to have with him if he decides to return it. That way there's someone who knows what they're talking about so that 1.) He doesn't get suckered back into the deal or some promise to fix it to work how it was expected to and 2.) There's a nuetral mediator in case things start going south.

I'm more of the 2nd piece of that puzzle as I've done business with both and am on good terms with both... but I honestly know zippo about these type of swing-aways so I'd be no help to that.

With that being said, I would still say to you, Wrangler13, that in the future you should do a little more investigating and get all your info/facts squared and know what it is your buying before dealing from a private seller again. It's good business practice in everything you do and limits the possibility of you getting burned like this. It's not always fool-proof but it'll help you more often than not. CJV8 could have easily just said "too bad" and you'd be stuck with it (and he still may). I've done it before as I'm sure many others have. I see something I want at a good price and immediately jump on it before learning about what it is first. The saying "You get what you pay for" is most often true but sometimes you don't get what you thought you paid for. Live and learn bro, it's all we can do! I really hope that CJV8 mans up and keeps his word. I don't believe he's unreasonable, just a bit young and brazen. You have my number if you need any help.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• I don't know exactly why, but the plight of Wrangler13 has been on my mind lately. I have come up with an idea for a spare tire carrier that uses a poly bushing mounted to the bumper in double shear. If you (Wrangler13) can't return the carrier you bought I'd like to try to modify the one you have and see if you can get someting useable out of it. Would cost around 25 bucks by my estimation, less if i can reuse what you have as the hinge in the set-up (labor is free of course since this is a proto-type idea). Lemme know what ya think.

If you need wrenching advice feel free to ask! Others experience can be a good way to save time and money!

• If you didn't return it yet, he won't do it!!

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• well if he won't take it back, we'll see if we can make it useable for you.

If you need wrenching advice feel free to ask! Others experience can be a good way to save time and money!

• Going to try to return it after holidays

I certainly hope you have spoken to the guy and scheduled the return. Otherwise, all the chatter about it being jacked up and the following pages of dialogue were a complete waste of time on everyone's part. If the money was important to you, it would already be sitting on the dude's garage floor and your cash back in-hand unless you scheduled a later return.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!