2013 DEJA Summer Surf Fishing Tournament - Saturday July 6th

• For some reason I thought there was a thread discussing this years Surf Tournament but apparently I imagined it. :doh:

So here it is. The Tournament will be held on Saturday, July 6th. So far it looks like will will return to Faithful Steward Crossing at DE Seashore State Park but if there is an overwhelming push for Henlopen State Park, we can be persuaded. Both have their benefits and drawbacks.

There will be awards for fish (of any type) caught, longest scaled fish, and longest overall fish (excluding rays). :shark:

I would also like to do DEJA towels again this year so if you are interested in one I will post a separate topic when we get closer to get a list started.
    Here is our official runway model showing off what they look like: (Let's hope we never order DEJA bikini's or thongs :o)
    http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=28819

I plan on camping at Cape Henlopen and I know a few others are as well. If you are interested, reservations can be made here: http://delawarestateparks.reserveamerica.com/

Post up any questions or comments!!! :fishing:

• I would also like to do DEJA towels again this year so if you are interested in one I will post a separate topic when we get closer to get a list started.
    Here is our official runway model showing off what they look like: (Let's hope we never order DEJA bikini's or thongs :o)
    http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=28819

LOL.

Glad to see continuing interest in the Jeep beach scene.

Wish I could be there more. :(

Seems to me the minimum was 25.

• If someone wants to split their site, you can put two tents up. I might be interested.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I'm pretty sure FS will be fine by then but the down side is.... There is only good bites there late spring and early fall.... Because of the stripers.... But who knows with all these storms and all and the predicted heat wave this summer there's no clue @ all. But from previous experience its early throw 180 yds.... Or throw 2 ft in that area.... And if you doubt you can throw 180 yds come see me I'll teach ya and I have videos of me doing it and my at the time 13 year old step son throwing 120 yds.

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• If someone wants to split their site, you can put two tents up. I might be interested.

Ditto on this. I wanna camp at CHSP that weekend, but it's all booked. If anyone has a site that'll accomodate a 2nd tent, I'd be happy to split the cost and bring lots of firewood. I'm not a pesky, noisy neighbor either.

"I mean, I've always been a libertarian. Leave everybody alone. Let everybody else do what they want. Just stay out of everybody else's hair." - Clint Eastwood -

• I own 2 of them.... Well 1 1/2 actually long story... I tried to "modify" one to fit in my rod rack..... Didn't go quite as planned haha... But I love them. I could use a new one though. Guess I'll fish the tourney then. :8)

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!