Ford Bronco to compete against Jeep Wrangler?

• http://gearheads.org/the-2015-ford-bronco/

Any thoughts on this ridiculous article? Other then the branding across the grill, I personally think it looks a bit girly for my taste.

When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.  These are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives.  All this I cannot bear to witness any longer.  Cannot the kingdom of salvation, take me home.

• Looks like a stock Wrangler. All that body plastic will have to go though. I think it looks pretty cool. I'd love to have one with a 5 L. I didn't see where you could take the top off though.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Doesn't look that bad to me, the front end is just a little too tall. I'm sure it'll sell well, and take a few dollars from Jeep. Which hopefully will get them to lower the pricing a little, the Wrangler is the highest profit margin vehicle Chrysler has.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• It's about time. I dont know why all of these companies havent started re-releasing retro styled vehicles. I think its smart to have it on an f-150 chasis to because that way their is already an aftermarket for suspension mods right out of the gate. Hopefully it doesent get all mucked up if and when it goes into production. Plus if the wrangler has an offroad competitor maybe it will keep jeep from making it into a fiat minivan because they will have some compition in the market.

• A little competition is always good for the market. :8)

Since it's a "RETRO" version I hope they don't try to take advantage and gouge it though.

Jeep should move forward with their truck prototype. They could offer it as a mid-size truck with a deisel to differentiate themselves.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Im thinking everyone is forgetting its a ford.... just saying. 98% of thier "work load" vehicles crap out at around 150k miles. My company had a fleet of ford work trucks and we couldnt wait to get rid of them. They were horrible. Now we run dodge and chevys. If its a ford im stsying away from it flat out.

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• Agreed on dodge. Ive heard their truck engines wont last much past 100k. As far as being a ford, I probably wouldent buy one either but I still like the looks of that thing.
    Jeep definailty needs to make the truck concept. I would love to have a jeep 4 door deisel tow rig.

• I'd hit it, roll it over, and hit it again.

I used to think about buying a fuel-efficient vehicle.<br />Then I remembered I have a Jeep and can drive over sh*t.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!