Registering and Titleing Military Trailers in DE

• I have previous owners registration card for it from NJ..I just have to locate it..I know I have it, just have to find it...NJ doesn't issue titles for these..just registration..

• I have previous owners registration card for it from NJ..I just have to locate it..I know I have it, just have to find it...NJ doesn't issue titles for these..just registration..

Not trying to screw your sale but no title means no tag in de. Might be possible to get a maine title for it then transfer it to de as a work around. Good luck.

• Not true was already at Delaware DMV....they said it would just need to go through inspection and would issue a Delaware title....with the New Jersey registration card handed in....

• Not true was already at Delaware DMV....they said it would just need to go through inspection and would issue a Delaware title....with the New Jersey registration card handed in....

Not sure about that. Sounds very fishy. DE will issue a DE title with proof of ownership. That would be the signed title from NJ. I would double check and get it in writing. Registration does not prove ownership anymore than your insurance card.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Not sure about that. Sounds very fishy. DE will issue a DE title with proof of ownership. That would be the signed title from NJ. I would double check and get it in writing. Registration does not prove ownership anymore than your insurance card.

Quantum was down this road, also after being told no title was needed. You need a title.

Maine does not issue titles. Just tags.

De will fine residents $400 for trailers registered in Maine.

• Whether its sounds fishy to you or not ..just like in Delaware you get a blue card for boats not a title...New Jersey uses the registration not a title...I forgot that you people were right with me at the DMV when I was asking these questions... Instead of just googling your answers go in person like I did and get the answers... You can get a title for this by handing in the New Jersey's previous registration...bill of sale.. Have them inspect it..and run it through the state police line to check that it wasn't stolen...that is exactly what I was told from DMV....if your not interested in this trailer and all you have to do is leave negative remarks move on...then this trailer is not for you......

• Whether its sounds fishy to you or not ..just like in Delaware you get a blue card for boats not a title...New Jersey uses the registration not a title...I forgot that you people were right with me at the DMV when I was asking these questions... Instead of just googling your answers go in person like I did and get the answers... You can get a title for this by handing in the New Jersey's previous registration...bill of sale.. Have them inspect it..and run it through the state police line to check that it wasn't stolen...that is exactly what I was told from DMV....if your not interested in this trailer and all you have to do is leave negative remarks move on...then this trailer is not for you......

We understand what you are saying and have no doubt that's what you were told. We have another member who was initially told the same thing, maybe you talked to the same person, but when it came down to it DE wouldn't issue a title. We are a very close family oriented group here and the other members we cautioning their friends. If you can't deal with how our community works, and forums in general, maybe you shouldn't be selling it here. You might have better luck on CL.

Why don't you title it in your name then sell it?

• http://www.dmv.org/nj-new-jers…hp#-Snowmobiles-and-ATVs-

Looks like under 2500 lb trailers are not issued titles in NJ. I stand corrected. Looks like notariesed bill of sale and double check with DE DMV would be a good idea. Sorry , but like was said we would hate for anyone to have trouble with a sale here. Good luck on the sale, nice trailer.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Thanks for clearing that up...I appreciate it..I know DMV can be a pain in the you know what most times....its the perfect trailer to pull behind a jeep...they were made for that reason...perfect match...thanks again

• DMV is like entering the Twighlight Zone sometimes. Getting inspected often matters who inspects you that day in the lanes, it depends on what county you go, and when 1 DMV person says something it doesn't mean the next person you deal with at DMV will agree. And it doesn't always matter what the law is. If they want to deny you they will. Had that happen plenty of times.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I just spotted this thread and wanted to reiterate to anyone intending to title/register a military trailer in Delaware. Without a VIN, it isn't going to happen. My trailer was registered (not titled) in NY, and DE DMV said "No problem, bring it in for inspection and we will issue a VIN and title." Everything I was told at DMV was garbage. I could go on forever but eventually I got a legitimate VIN issued for mine. The reality is that most people will not be able to make that happen. If you have the paperwork from the military, showing the sale of the trailer to the private sector, AND the trailer has some unique and permanent number stamped on it, you MIGHT be able to get the State Police to process it, and in turn get a title.

I did have A Maine registration/tags for a couple years, but DE has clamped down on that so I definitely would not recommend going that route. I am not sure if that is even still possible as I heard Maine only does this for commercial trailers now, not sure what that definition is though.

I apologize if this is a tad off topic, and I don't want to derail your sale, but everyone needs to understand the full ramifications of titling a trailer like this in DE.

• Just let the man list his trailer if you don't want it don't buy it. If anyone wants advice then let THEM ask.

• Just let the man list his trailer if you don't want it don't buy it. If anyone wants advice then let THEM ask.

As far as I know, in the past seven years I was a club member, DEJA does not condone someone either intentionally, or unintentionally misrepresenting what they are selling. My and other posts simply work to determine and clarify what is actually being sold. And what is being sold is NOT a trailer that is easy (or even possible) to title in DE, contrary to what was said in the sale thread.

I am sure he will have no problem selling it on CL, but last I checked, DEJA folks take care of each other. This forum isn't CL.

• I am sure he will have no problem selling it on CL, but last I checked, DEJA folks take care of each other. This forum isn't CL.

I agree with Brian! I like to think of this as an extended family. If you misrepresent something you're selling you should be called on it. Sure would suck to drop $1500 on a trailer you can't get tagged to legally drive on the roads of DE. :doh:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!