Who goes camping?

• Extended warranties are about the worst investment you can make but Dick's was crazy enough to sell me one on the Coleman air mattress I bought. It's not like anyone I know would set a calendar reminder a month before the warranty expires and arrange an accidental meeting with a sharp object around that time.

:laughabove:

I've got a Coleman tent that's going on 12 years old and still in excellent shape. I can fit 10 kids or 6 adults in there comfortably. We also have had Coleman inflatable beds over the years. Our last one bit the dust when we decided to use it as a launcher for the kids! :innocent: Right now I have a self-inflating sleep pad and I believe it's a Coleman too. It was a gift a few years back so it hasn't seen a heckuva lot of use but it is comfortable. It works pretty well at keeping the hammock spread open so my sleeping bag doesn't fall out one side or the other while I'm trying to get in the hammock.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• A Fall Surf Fishing gathering at CHSP might be in order, we could reserve a block of sites , camp and surf fish.

I will be making reservations on Friday for CHSP Oct 3rd - 5th, with kids :) Not sure what site yet. Was plenty open when I looked this morning. If anyone else wants to join us, lets discuss site areas and do this!

• Extended warranties are about the worst investment you can make but Dick's was crazy enough to sell me one on the Coleman air mattress I bought. It's not like anyone I know would set a calendar reminder a month before the warranty expires and arrange an accidental meeting with a sharp object around that time.

Damn pointy rocks ... :innocent:

• CO, UT and WY... what about you? (seriously, a 3 week trip in September :innocent: )

I'm looking to either build a trailer or just bite the bullet and buy a Bushranger 200... either way, I'll try to camp at Cape Henlopen a few nights a month and I dunno what else. Gotta use it enough to justify the expense. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I will make the same statement I make every year. I am hoping to get out camping this year (as my camping stuff all just sits and collects dust). I have a nice new backpack and hiking tent that I was hoping to use for a solo trip into the mountains last year and it just never happened. :bang:
    But still....here's hoping....
    :camping:

• I may be trying to set up another hiking/camping trip on the Appalachian Trail @ Michaux SF next month. If not there, maybe something a little closer to home. I'll start another thread soon to gauge interest.

• While you're driving me out to Moab w/ ya?... abso-freaking-lutely!! :innocent:

Would only cost u fuel money. Actually planning on CO this year.

• i like to plan a trip out to wv and do some camping and some rafting

Look up Southern Delaware Offroad on Facebook.

We are planning a trip to WV in mid-May.

No rafting, but should be awesome camping, great star gazing and lots of fantastic memories. :)

• Would only cost u fuel money. Actually planning on CO this year.

I sooooo wish! Maybe in a few years, maybe. Tax return is going towards an SYE and driveshaft this year. Maybe if there's some left I might be able to look into an 8.8 or other small upgrades.

• Does anyone know anywhere within a 3-4 hour drive where you can do some mild wheeling (mostly just trailblazing & greens) AND where you can find a spot, park the Jeep, and just set up camp right next to your vehicle as opposed to a designated area?

AND does anyone want to do a short trip (weekend) at the end of May? Maybe some fishing and hiking?

• West Virginia is only 5 hours. Tons of spots for that. I'm sure there are closer spots but not sure.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Does anyone know anywhere within a 3-4 hour drive where you can do some mild wheeling (mostly just trailblazing & greens) AND where you can find a spot, park the Jeep, and just set up camp right next to your vehicle as opposed to a designated area?

AND does anyone want to do a short trip (weekend) at the end of May? Maybe some fishing and hiking?

I've done this in the NJ's Warton State Forest.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!