Recent re-gear JK

• A big hearty thanks to Aaron for regearing my ride :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:. Learned a lot. Now I just need some skids and I can actually go on a trail ride. :driving:

"I mean, I've always been a libertarian. Leave everybody alone. Let everybody else do what they want. Just stay out of everybody else's hair." - Clint Eastwood -

• No need for major skids if you stay on the blues and greens. I have the main skid/trans shovel and a small oil pan plate on my YJ. I never touched either one on the members ride back in June.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• I certainly have a few nice scars on my skid plates. But I run blue/blacks, skids are highly recommended since they can prevent show stopping breaks.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Yeah the 5.38's just feel right with the auto an my 3.8L turd of a motor...lol

"I mean, I've always been a libertarian. Leave everybody alone. Let everybody else do what they want. Just stay out of everybody else's hair." - Clint Eastwood -

• about how much did you get the new gears, what does it entail, and how long did it take to do? i know theres a bunch of questions but im interested in re-gearing mine as well its a 08 2dr jk with the 3.8L same as yours.

• Skids are overrated. :innocent:

I've been wheeling with the club at Rausch on blacks and reds and did the club comp with nothing more than the factory skid, never had an issue (knock on wood). I did bow to pressure and bought the UCF package, waiting to get on Aarons list to do the install... :innocent:

• It only takes one good hit to the oil pan to ruin your day. If you need to pay for a tow home you probably just covered the cost of your skid. Its also alot nicer to not have to worry everytime you drag over the rocks.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!