Who feels like signing my tint waiver? (Or knows someone who can?)

• Every car I have owned in DE since, 1995 besides my jeep and current dd (2012) has had the front windoes illegally tinted. Obey the law, do as I say not as I do, etc etc but I think unless you at driving a shady looking vehicle through shady neighborhoods you won't have a problem. Some of the tint shops will remove/reapply if you need to get inspected.

• Youre not going to get one unless you have a
    proper reason. I have severe eye issues and
    no longer 'qualify.' Ten years ago you could get
    just about any Dr to sign off, but the DMV now
    harass the hell out of any signer so it has to
    be well worth the Drs time to go through the
    headache.

I think active skin cancer is still a valid reason
    if you wanna try that route...

• It's not shady though. I value my privacy and I've had my car broken into for sound systems in the past etc. I feel that if someone can't see what's inside they are less likely to break in to steal what you have since they don't know if it's worth it. On another note, I drive home during the peak hours of sundown and to have the tint keeps the rig from getting too hot and also keeps me from getting blinded by the sunlight. Legal tint in Delaware is NO TINT. Which is absolutely unreasonable. I've noticed that drivers here in DE just love driving with their brights on for some reason and that blinds me through my side mirrors on the highway. With all the HID 10k brights and whatnot out there now, it honestly hurts my eyes when that's shining directly in my face and/or side mirror.

I'll sign.

Send $100 to my paypal account and I'll fill fix you up.

And DE does not say "no tint", they say nothing more than factory.

All modern glass has some tint built it. Compare late model to something from the 60's and you will see the difference.

Curious, do you have full tint on the windshield also?

• If you have a history of headaches/migraines and see a doc for that then you should be able to get the doc to sign it and it be legal. Of course there are other neurological issues that docs sign a tint waiver for as well but you sound healthy as a horse [emoji206]

• My wife's eye doctor signed a waiver for her when we bought her truck. It had aftermarket tint and we liked it, so she told her doctor that the sun shining in her eyes made her squint. :8). I just show them the waiver when we run it through inspection, never had a problem in over 10 years now.

• That is the story that I was told. Was easy back in the day now not so much. I got pulled over in Wilmington once when I had 5% all the way around (not on windshield) but I was in a car that attacked attention from cops so not totally unexpected. Now I put 25% on the front doors and never have an issue.

• My wife's eye doctor signed a waiver for her when we bought her truck. It had aftermarket tint and we liked it, so she told her doctor that the sun shining in her eyes made her squint. :8) . I just show them the waiver when we run it through inspection, never had a problem in over 10 years now.

who is your eye doctor? I went to my eye doctor and she's not willing to sign

• I actually just went through this with my daily driver, which actually only has 50% tint. My daily is a stereotypical "old lady" car, so I don't generally get hassled by cops. My brother (a county cop) said that unless your vehicle is suspicious, or you are getting pulled over for any other traffic violation, you generally won't get a ticket for tint. However, the DMV has been getting pretty strict about this for inspections, and my eye doctor has a blanket policy that they do not sign tint waivers at all (and I have been with my eye doctor for 17 years). I eventually gave up and removed the tint myself. Keep in mind, it's only the front windows (immediate driver and passenger side) that can't have ANY tint, and windshield (no tint below the AS1 line). Any rear windows you can tint as much as you want.

• [quote author=xxxx link=action=profile;u=8349 date=1421078239]
    hi, are you a certified doctor that can sign the tint waiver? i can pay the $100 if you are. thanks. im in the newark, DE
    [/quote]

This was a joke.

I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV or anywhere else.

• so right now the only way to pass inspection is to remove the tint? any other suggestions?
    do you think i can tuck a piece of glass that looks like the top of the front window in the window channel just to show the 'window' is clear to pass inspection?

• they check everything during inspection. I went through on a warm day with my top and windows down (no visual clue of window tint), and they still checked.

Take your doors OFF before inspection.....

i think once it's removed and it can not be used again, right?
    im just afraid of any glue residual left on the window

3M makes a very good adhesive remover.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Like Keith said....razor blade and some goof-off will make quick work of the adhesive. Either that or take it to a tint place. I've found most offer 'inspection packages' where they'll pull the tint off the front windows and install new. From my experience after a couple years the tint on the front windows starts showing some wear anyway so... :shrug:

--Ian

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!