Looking for a mount for my Hi lift jack

• What is a strong and sturdy Hi lift jack mount? Mine was mounted on the sock rear bumper and its gone now so I need to mount it else were. It is going on my 04 TJ. :bang:

• I've got mine mounted on the hood. There are a couple different hood mounts available. I like it as it is out of the way. http://www.quadratec.com/products/92200_951.htm http://www.quadratec.com/products/92200_300_07.htm I have the Tuff Stuff set up

• If you have the regular length (48") jack, I like the rollbar mount. http://www.quadratec.com/products/92200_9002.htm

On my JK I have mine mounted to the OR-Fab tire carrier when I need it. I take it off between trips so I don't have to clean and oil it as often.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I'm to cheap to pay $85 for a hi lift mount. I've run chain link fence post straps, two carriage bolts, a couple nuts, washers and wing nuts before. Fits pretty well over the stock roll bar padding on the C pillar if you still have it. Also if you still run a top it keeps it inside and protected while easily accessible. If you run a tonneau cover you can move the straps up above it without any problems.

You can also pick up a couple exhaust clamps that bolt them to the C pillar bars and use some wing nuts.

Or you can drill two holes in the flat spots of the fender wells behind the C pillar and run a couple nuts and bolts in the holes and again use wing nuts to hold the hi lift down.

• Jerry, how does that roll bar mount work for you? That was my first choice, but after talking to someone that has it I opted for the hood mount. I was told that the roll bar mount interfered with the soft top when in the down position and eventually started to wear top thin from rubbing. Do you see that as an issue?
    My hi lift has been on my hood for four years now and has been covered in mud on more than one occasion, I take it off once a year (it does get see 2-3 times a year), hit it with a hose, lube it and forget about it. It works as good as the day I bought it.

• It may be just me but I'm not big on the idea of a large, heavy, metal hi-lift jack sitting in front of my windshield. Crazy things happen and I wouldn't want to provide natue a way to impale me.

• It may be just me but I'm not big on the idea of a large, heavy, metal hi-lift jack sitting in front of my windshield. Crazy things happen and I wouldn't want to provide natue a way to impale me.

X2.

Especially considering those mounts are attached to sheet metal.

• You can find a spot along the frame rail... Only it might not be all that accessible when you need it!

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• You can find a spot along the frame rail... Only it might not be all that accessible when you need it!

Considering all the crap that gets kicked up under the frame and body I'm not sure why someone would mount their jack there.

I'm not a fan for mounting them outside unless you keep it lubed and inspected real well. I remember one guy had his mounted on the bumper. He got stuck and when we went to grab it there were parts missing (pins or something) and it war rusted to hell.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Jerry, how does that roll bar mount work for you? That was my first choice, but after talking to someone that has it I opted for the hood mount. I was told that the roll bar mount interfered with the soft top when in the down position and eventually started to wear top thin from rubbing. Do you see that as an issue?
    My hi lift has been on my hood for four years now and has been covered in mud on more than one occasion, I take it off once a year (it does get see 2-3 times a year), hit it with a hose, lube it and forget about it. It works as good as the day I bought it.

I have the frameless top, and the jack would block the back window from being zipped. I use an exterior mount on my tire carrier when I need it... Same with the gas cans, I don't need an extra 80 pounds back there for looks.

But, for a regular top, yes it'll touch when the top is folded down. Some rubber or a neoprene cover will help prevent wear on the top, but it'll still sit on top of the jack.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

X2.

Especially considering those mounts are attached to sheet metal.

The brackets are mounted to the hood hinges, the hood would have to come through the windshield with the jack. The tuff rack system has been in use on safari vehicles for years and provides a solid mounting platform for a bunch of different implements.

When mounted on the hood, does any of the lube wash off onto the hood when it rains and leave a residue?

I have a bright white jeep, after a couple of years on the hood there has been no problem. After mudding at Rausch, every now and then if it rains right afterward, dirt/mud might drip onto hood, but no oil residues or anything like that. If that's what you are worried about you can get a neoprene boot that covers/protects the jack mechanism. I had one, the sun destroyed it in a summer.

• I had mine mounted on my hood with some mounts from eBay(paid 40 for em I think). Stayed on their months and every other week I sprayed the lift with wd40 to keep it working order. But ran into the back of a Toyota Tacoma and totaled her truck because she slammed on her brakes. But the Jack stayed their

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!