Texas keeper moving up north

• I'm moving up to northern Delaware (Smyrna, Delaware). I will be starting the 22 hour drive on Sunday. I'm moving from a small town on the piney woods of east Texas , I drove a 1990 jeep wrangler 2.5 on 31 hankook dyna pro rt103. Did a engine rebuild on her my self not knowing a dang thing (thank god for Hanes manual) but sold her because didn't have time or money to mess with her anymore. Now I own a 1988 Cherokee Laredo 4.0 (can't get away from them square headlights) she's completely stock right now but I have a 2 inch lift ready to be installed and all I need is tires but i need a job up in Delaware before any of that happens. Hope to see you guys soon. Jeep wave on fellow keepers

• XJ here too... I (we) made that drive to and from Texas/Delaware twice. First time took 28 hours 2nd took 32 hours. Only stopped for an hour in the 2nd trip and didn't stop at all on the first. That was to and from Houston. GL and be safe. Welcome and be sure to join us at an outing.

• Have a safe trip. Our next club meeting will be on March 7th. Good chance to meet people.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I'm hopeing to meet some of y'all but I don't want to go to a meet looking what us jeepers in Texas call "stocky" . Want to put the lift on and get some used 31s . Where will the meet be?

• I don't like stock :/ I feel the Xj needs 9 inches of lift and 35s lol but I've been hearing about Delaware laws of bumpers having to be 21 inches off the ground and tires can't be sticking out the fender wells :/

• I wouldn't worry about being stock. At least it's running.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Welcome, you'll like Smyrna, its a small town. I was born & raised there as were a few generations of my fam and many are still nearby. Hope you've had a safe trip and getting settled in! If you're still looking for work, message me I might have a few leads for ya.

• Welcome to Yankeeland. I'm from Bryan in Burleson County, next door to College Station. Good to see someone else from down yonder relocate up here. Do me a favor and bring me up some brisket. :up:

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• Well not sure when our new guy here will be back on the site. A few days before he left to head up north his xj was taken out by a truck. He's flying into BWI tomorrow so I'm sure he will be looking to replace it with something soon. If anyone knows of a cheap ride for sale I'll pass it along.

• Welcome to Yankeeland. I'm from Bryan in Burleson County, next door to College Station. Good to see someone else from down yonder relocate up here. Do me a favor and bring me up some brisket. :up:

i'm from ole miss but want to go back to Dixe
    Gun laws here are crazy

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!