SYE kit suggestions

• I am beginning to purchase the parts I need to lift my jeep in the spring and I'm planning on purchasing a SYE kit. Now my question is what kit would you guys recommend? And who could install it for me? I don't feel safe doing anything with transfer cases just yet because it's my daily and I don't want to screw anything up. It's for a 2001 tj

• All of the kits except for jb conversion use the same chinese parts. The more expensive ones use better bearings. The only one i have seen a problem in is the rugged ridge one. The tail shafts dont seal well which i think is actually a bearing issue. The one from porc is well priced and i have installed several with no issues.

• x3 on the PORC SYE. I installed one this past summer along with a CJ Tatton driveshaft. Total cost for both was around $400 and I installed it myself. Thanks to Aaron's school of Jeep, it was pretty easy to do. Keep an eye out on Amazon and Ebay as they tend to have pretty good deals from time to time. I believe CJ Tatton even had a combo deal that included both for about the same price as buying separate.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• If you wanna save a few bucks I'll be pulling my 231 soon since I'm building a d300. My case has the advanced adapters sye installed and I'll sell you the whole case cheap. You can pull the parts or just swap the case. Pm me if your interested.

• anything about crown's kit? :shrug:

I have the crown kit, can't say anything good about it, it's on its third seal and still leaks, spend the money on a JB conversion kit. I'll be going with their mega short kit.

• so crown seals suck, anything gone wrong with mechanical parts of housing? :shrug:

• Lots of times seals wear prematurely because of misalignment or other engineering/manufacturing issues.

Bottom line, you generally get what you pay for.

As a matter of fact yes, the first leak was attributed to a bad casting of the new housing. Quadratec was great and replaced under warranty. They have also covered three seals under the warranty.
    It's your money buy what you want but as Keith said you get what you pay for

• Quadratec was great and replaced under warranty. They have also covered three seals under the warranty.It's your money buy what you want but as Keith said you get what you pay for

so the quadratec one has issues as well? it looks like it having gone thru 3 seals.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!