**DEJA Trail Ride @ Rausch Creek March 19th Sign UP**

• I suck at taking notes, remembering large quantities of names at once and writing summaries but we started with 8 rigs, mostly open/open and a lot of drivers on their first or second wheeling adventures (muddin' doesn't count ;) ). Slowpoke broke on the way up and you can see above so that was the first damage of the day. Headed through the comp course to C/B to the Tata's trail which is a helluva lot longer than it was the last time I did it. We got about halfway through and were playing on an area with multiple hill climbs when we lost a rig to a broken rear driveshaft. The 1310 straps on his D60 snapped and left half a bolt flush on the axle side. I see a 1350 upgrade in your future. :) Limped him back to the parking lot and trailer in FWD, grabbed lunch and then we hit a couple of the hill climbs down by the old office before heading over to the NE property. Dipped and dived all around the NE property and hit most of the blue trails. Stopped by Devil's Den for a little bit to show what a high black trail looks like. Headed back toward the parking lot around 4pm but stopped one last time just before crossing the road back to the main side where we lost one more rig to a blown radiator. I give you an A+ on timing lol, that was pretty epic. Dumped whatever we could find in the radiator and then he hauled ass back to the parking lot where we called it a day.

It was definitely a good group yesterday, all the first time drivers kicked major ass. You guys weren't afraid to push it out of the comfort zone and see what the Jeep was capable of doing. MVP award to erager84 for doing almost everything the rest of the group did in a bone stock JKU. Hope to see everyone out for the April 17 101 ride (you guys are probably ready to go with an experienced group that day but welcome to join the 101) and the May 21 free member appreciation ride.

We covered 14 miles on the dot which is a lot of ground. Google My Tracks is being killed off so I recorded bread crumbs with Runkeeper, it's alright but if anyone knows of something better let me know. This was the first time I navigated Rausch with Maplets too. For <$3 it's money well spent, I dunno why I never bought it before. If it could record bread crumbs over the RC map itself that would be epic.
    [img width=1200 height=675]http://i.imgur.com/OwhqhPs.png[/img]

• You can&#039;t live life being afraid to break something or you&#039;ll never learn to fix it

• Now that's what I call wheeling! Broken u-joints, tires smoking, rocks flying, pushing rigs off of stumps, blown hoses.
    It was really a good time with everybody there in their different rigs doing some pretty fun stuff. I made it home with no trail damage, so I feel lucky. Looks like a spare driveshaft might be a good thing to have. But they are also dangerous.
    I hope to be able to go again soon.
    Thank you to Stafford also for leading such an awesome trip! Some people are just natural leaders. I guess that's why you're the president!

• Had fun even though my day was cut short. Was good to finally make it up to Rausch, meet some of the members, and do some wheeling. Had to make that pic of my Jeep on the hill I busted my ujoint out on my avatar. It will bug me every time I look at it till I get back up there and make it over.

• Looks like a spare driveshaft might be a good thing to have. But they are also dangerous.

I see what you did there. :doh:

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Had an awesome time yesterday as well. Great bunch of guys, and thanks Stafford for guiding. Being my first time I am impressed with how well the Jeep performed. Also really impressed with how well erager84 JKU did all day. Looking forward to getting back up there.

• Had a great time and I wouldn''t have made it through some of those spots without your guys spotting. Whats a little frame paint between friends lol. I took all the unedited gopro videos. Does not have the trail Stafford told me not to follow him through over the CB. Found out... my CB does not work without an antenna...not even a little or maybe I was on wrong channel. Lots of just driving on the real light greens. Too much stuff to do tonight to edit it all right now.

https://www.youtube.com/playli…57xhdIPyj8Faq9Udyv0E116CK is playlist of (5) 20ish minute videos. From what I saw they are a lot of the more tame trails we hit right after lunch. I still had the mic turned off I think from the last time I used them in my car due to wind noise so you'll have to add your own commentary.

Had a great time with you guys and I can't wait to go again. You guys have me wanting to trade in on a 2dr rubi now. For now I'll stick with the 4dr though. Thanks for the motivation everybody, I gotta get myself ready for the 101 day in april...

• We covered 14 miles on the dot which is a lot of ground. Google My Tracks is being killed off so I recorded bread crumbs with Runkeeper, it's alright but if anyone knows of something better let me know. This was the first time I navigated Rausch with Maplets too. For <$3 it's money well spent, I dunno why I never bought it before. If it could record bread crumbs over the RC map itself that would be epic.

I've been using MotionX-GPS for breadcrumbs. I use it for both wheeling and hiking. The Maplets app isn't too terrible for navigating the park.

• A CB does not work without an antenna. If you transmit without an antenna you run the risk of burning up the final in your radio.

BTW, welcome to the addiction.

• A CB does not work without an antenna. If you transmit without an antenna you run the risk of burning up the final in your radio.

BTW, welcome to the addiction.

Thanks for that bit of info, I won't mess with it. I am gonna an antenna asap for Aprils trip. I am completely foreign to CB's beyond playing with my grandfathers CB when I was little on car trips to visit family. I am going to return the Cobra one I bought at Walmart and get the Uniden one on quadratec...It's like $10 more but gets way better reviews. Any brand antennas that are decent? I'd prefer shorter types to prevent it getting caught.

• Out west everyone uses HAM radios like this:

http://www.amazon.com/BaoFeng-…cs&ie=UTF8&qid=1458571148

So much easier to use, no tuning, range is far out of the box, tons of frequencies. Technically you need a HAM radio license to operate it which is where the problem comes in otherwise I'd say we should start trying to get everyone off CB's.

erager84 - I have a Firestik, I'm sure there's a bunch of other good brands too. Whatever you get I suggest taking it to a cb shop and having them put it on the SWR meter. The club used to have one but it's in the wind last I knew. I think tuning it properly is more important than the brand. There's a place on Naaman's Rd in Wilmington that will do it, not sure about down state.

• Radios are cheap and it seems pretty simple. Of course there no testing location in DE. [size=small]Oh wait yeah there are...[/size] Seems like the fines are pretty steep and people WITH the license love ratting out people. How exactly they find you I don't know...

• Radios are cheap and it seems pretty simple. Of course there no testing location in DE. [size=2px]Oh wait yeah there are...[/size] Seems like the fines are pretty steep and people WITH the license love ratting out people. How exactly they find you I don't know...

The Firestik is a good tunable antenna and pretty popular. They run in the neighborhood of $25 or so. You can take your Jeep and everything down to the T/A truck stop just over the MD line in Elkton. Guy sold me a batter cable and tuned it for like $20. I do have an SWR meter you're more than welcome to borrow if you want to DIY.

For HAM radio stuff, talk to Whatevah. He's pretty knowledgeable on it.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Re: getting off of CBs there's the Zello app. Works like a CB essentially but you use your phone for it. Worth looking into for trailrides if people don't have CBs.

I didn't mess with my phone much at all aside from pictures up there. Hows reception on the trails?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!