Rhino Linings of Delaware SUCKS!

• Anyone have any dealings with Rhino Linings of Delaware over on Old Baltimore Pike? There close to my work and said they can do my alignment including and caster adjustments (I have adjustable CA) for $95. Its an easy task but I want to make sure I'm not bringing it to someone that is going to loosen all my bolts and not tighten them.

www.rhinoliningsde.com
    I know I can do the alignment myself but I dont have the time and I'm heading out of town this weekend

• His rhino princing is ok, but he sells everything at retail so dont buy anything from him. It seems his service price are real high too, but $100 for good alignment is not bad. Check de tire they have a good alignment rack and he staffs mechanics so if a wrench needs turned they can do it.

Aaron

• I kind of need it done tomorrow because I'm leaving for a trip and taking the jeep tomorrow night so I'll roll the dice and check them out for an alignment. I didn't think to ask if they had an alignment rack but I assume they do. I'll be dropping it off tomorrow around 8 a.m. Hopefully they have at least one mechanic that knows what he is doing.[size=78%] [/size]

• So I dropped it off this morning and asked how there alignment lift was and they claim they have one of the best ones in the Tri-State area. They seemed somewhat knowledgable on modified jeeps because right away they started asking what I had that was adjustable that they could use to "fine" tune it all. So we'll see :shrug: but it will be nice to have a shop close by to do small jobs.

• I've always liked NTB because you can go back and stand there while the guy does the alignment. Just remember some glasses they don't like you being in there without eye protection. Rightfully so...

• The dealer I bought my JK from hired them to put on the lift. My dealings with them are average. They are knowledgeable on lifting and modifying Jeeps but they seem to be in it for show. They seemed shocked to find that I actually take my Jeep off road and I want parts to work and not just for show.

• So I picked up the Jeep Friday evening and it seemed good. The tech told be the toe was pretty good but my Caster and Thrust Angles were way off and he adjusted the control arms and trackbars. Now its back there Monday morning. I drove it to upstate NY over the weekend and during the storm and snow I couldn't tell but then noticed that the rear driver side tire was sticking out further then the passanger side. When I drove home last night the jeep was all over the roads too. Some of that had to do with the trucker tracks in the road but it just didn't feel right.

Talked to the tech this morning and he told be he had to adjust my rear trackbar almost to the end of the threads but then back it in alittle. He said that still wasn't enough to adjust for the thrust angle. That doesn't makes much sense to me because the Clayton kit on my Jeep came with everything that should realign it to proper specs. He's putting it back on the lift for me to recheck everything. So I hope he can correct it and so far there customer service is good.

• This place SUCKS! Don't go here. They readjusted my alignment and they are like "yup, you were right. it wasn't right" Then when I picked it up they had my sway bar disconnect link upside down. Morons.

• I've always liked NTB because you can go back and stand there while the guy does the alignment. Just remember some glasses they don't like you being in there without eye protection. Rightfully so...

Thats who I use(the one just over the De line on 202)they have done all my Jeeps CJ7,2 CJ8s a Cherokee and the YJ. Used them for 20yrs allways did awsome work :up: :up: :up:

• This place SUCKS! Don't go here. They readjusted my alignment and they are like "yup, you were right. it wasn't right" Then when I picked it up they had my sway bar disconnect link upside down. Morons.

I hope they've compensated you in the form of a refund (full/partial)! It's not just an issue of they mis-aligned the Jeep. What would they do in the worst case scenario if you had lost control in that storm and been killed?!?! Oh, that's right, not a damn thing b/c they would've just blamed the elements of your lift or there'd be no way to tell if the alignment was skewed prior to an accident. What sort of damage/stress has this caused to your vehicle that may cause premature wear/failure on your lift, tires, etc.?

I'm glad that they got you squared but for them to admit that they f'd up that bad........ I would have been livid and I definitely wouldn't let this lie! I don't know if they're privately owned or not but get ahold of a corp office if you can or file a complaint with the BBB. It's not like they can deny their error as they should have records of your second visit occuring within a few days of the original service. Just my $.02.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• My friend is the new manager over at the NTB next to peoples plaza on rt 40. Hes really knowledgeable with lifted vehicles and actually built his own xj with 9" lift. If anyone is looking for a place to get anything done hes usually there every day.

• They adjusted everything to factory specs the first time and thats why it was so screwed up. They gave me a print out the second time after they "fixed" there issues. It seems to be driving pretty good now but just by how bad they messed up I might just go to NTB or DE Tire to have it redone. I'll post the print out they gave me because honestly I dont really know what it all means.

I probably wont bother trying to go after them for any refunds or complaints. I'm happy enough just warning DeJa and having it spread word of mouth. Its not worth my time or effort to run around on phone calls or emails trying to get my $95 back.

Oh yeah, the dumbies didn't even re-center my steering wheel.

• If it's driving fine and you can take your hands off the wheel and still have the Jeep going straight without any issues (while at highway speed) then I wouldn't worry about it.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Rhino Linings of Delaware lost my business long ago. They were a dealer for "Amsoil" so a few of us went in on a case or two. I think MSRP was like $130 and when I went to pick it up they wanted to charge me $260. I think he thought he had an easy sale and when I called him out on it and I asked to see an actual receipt broken down by qt he saw how bad it looked and tried to bump it down. I walked out.

• So what this this mean and should I be worried?

You have about 1.5* of pinion angle. You will need to adjust that a little when you get an aftermarket front shaft. With as much lift as you have you are not going to have a good pinion angle and enough caster so that it doesn't feel flighty on the highway.

• Rhino Linings of Delaware lost my business long ago. They were a dealer for "Amsoil" so a few of us went in on a case or two. I think MSRP was like $130 and when I went to pick it up they wanted to charge me $260. I think he thought he had an easy sale and when I called him out on it and I asked to see an actual receipt broken down by qt he saw how bad it looked and tried to bump it down. I walked out.

I bet that was the same guy who had a shocked look on his face when I told him that I use my Jeep off road.

Like I said before the dealer I bought my Jeep from used them to install the lift. my lift came with a set of drop brackets for the rear brake lines. I found out on the trail that the sway bar was rubbing the brake line since the drop brackets were installed wrong. So I took it back to the dealer who took it back to Rhino linings. THEY REMOVED THE DROP BRACKETS and said the stock lines are long enough with a 3" lift. I said "well the lines may be long enough on the street but I take my Jeep off road." He looked at me like I was speaking Greek and called the tech over. He said to the tech "He is worried about his brake lines because he actually uses his Jeep off road." The tech looked shocked too. I also walked out.

If you want a mall crawler they are your guys. They can make your Jeep look like it is King Of Hammers but don’t try to take it there. If you want a Jeep to use off road they miss the mark. They are happy giving the customer substandard work. I was shocked to find out that they could not believe that I use my Jeep off road.
    I will never go back.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!