Adopt-A-Beach Spring Clean Up 2015

• Please see below regarding our annual adopt a beach clean-up. We need to come up with a date that works with the largest group of people. DEJA will provide lunch afterwards as we've done in the past and we usually hang out for a bit afterwards.

I figure we'll do a Saturday or Sunday. The Club Competition is next weekend so that probably won't work for a few but otherwise, we can be flexible. Post up if you have a date in mind and we'll see if we can get a good group

[quote author=Jen Luoma of DNREC]Now that spring is here and we are all looking towards our “Spring Cleaning,” we would like to remind those of you who have adopted a section of our coastline of the cleanup schedule for the Adopt- A – Beach Program.

Spring - April 15th - May 15th
    Fall - August 15 - September 15th

Please remember to contact your Area Contact prior to the date of your cleaning so they can schedule trash pickup. Also, don’t forget to submit the required Data Cards following each cleaning. I have attached one for your convenience. If you need more supplies or Data Cards, please contact me at (302) 739-9921 or e-mail Jennifer.Luoma@state.de.us.

While you are out and cleaning your beaches, if you wish to report the marine debris that you may be finding, please download the “Marine Debris Tracker” app. You can download the app at the following website: http://www.marinedebris.engr.uga.edu/ At the top there is a tab that says “How do I start tracking?” which tells you how to download the app. Please keep in mind that this app is for informational purposes only and is not notification to DNREC of debris that needs to be cleaned up. If you do find debris that you cannot handle, please let me know and I will have one of our crews take care of it. We still want you to submit data cards to us as well.

I have had the intentions to get out and check the status of your Adopt-A-Beach signs, but have been having trouble finding the time. If you notice that your sign is missing or in need of repair, please let me know. Thanks!

Thank you for volunteering!

Jennifer L. Luoma
    DNREC, Division of Watershed Stewardship
    89 Kings Highway
    Dover, DE 19901
    (302) 739-9921

P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail[/quote]

• Saturday would work best for me.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Well, on even numbered months I can do the 3rd weekend but only Saturdays until 1:47pm... unless it's an odd numbered year then it's the 2nd tuesday... but on odd numbered months, I can do the 3rd Saturday and 4th Thursday... unless it's a Leap Year and the winter solstice and autumnal equinox moons are both full, then I'm only available the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays until 10:17pm....

Whatever works for the majority... I'll make the stars and planets align...

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• I prefer May 9. I'd try to make May 2, but that's a National Guard drill day, so it would be tough. Also, May 2 is Dover Days, and some people will have commitments to that. Not to hijack this thread, but it would be outstanding if DEJA could participate in the annual parade.

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• Well, on even numbered months I can do the 3rd weekend but only Saturdays until 1:47pm... unless it's an odd numbered year then it's the 2nd tuesday... but on odd numbered months, I can do the 3rd Saturday and 4th Thursday... unless it's a Leap Year and the winter solstice and autumnal equinox moons are both full, then I'm only available the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays until 10:17pm....

What???????? :shrug:

LOL!!! :laughabove:

98 TJ 5.9L, RE 4.5 SF, 35s, 4XDoctor Rocker Guards, AA SYE, Tom Woods DS
    2012 JKU 3" lift 35s

• I prefer May 9. I'd try to make May 2, but that's a National Guard drill day, so it would be tough. Also, May 2 is Dover Days, and some people will have commitments to that. Not to hijack this thread, but it would be outstanding if DEJA could participate in the annual parade.

I've got some other Dover Days commitments so we will be there. I could probably take part if the group was going to have a presence.

• I haven't talked to billy but since its only a week away we should prob make a decision asap. It seems like may 2nd is most popular and the 3rd behind it. So how about the official day is the 2nd and 3rd is part deux (meaning still hang on the beach but prob nothing left to clean up). Cool?

Sounds good. Start time ? Say 12?

• My jeep might mot be done but regardless we'll be there fishing for the day,, if anyone wants to fish afterwards let me know. Reports of 30" blues, sharks, skates and blowfish in the surf, things are turning on !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!