Question about bodies

• :rolleyes: This may sound a little crazy but, I might be getting a 2000 TJ for a good price. The body is not good, but frame and drive train all working. I would like to know if anyone makes a MB body to fit a TJ frame? :shrug: just asking

• MB body will be way too small. A yj tub with a cj front clip could work. Lots of mods would be needed but it should be doable

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• You'd have to stretch the MB body or do a composition cut on the rear tube and have the rear tires sticking out the back.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I really like the look of the old military jeeps but want the modern frame and drive train. I will have to do some digging and see what I can come up with. Thanks all :wavey:

• TJs are around 22" longer than the old MBs. That's a lot of room to make up. I did a little searching and couldn't find any re-pro body kits to give a YJ/TJ the look of a flat-fender era Jeep. I think with the extra length it'd look a little awkward. Cool idea, though...

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• A little stretching and you can make something pretty sweet.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I put a '48 body a '73 cj5 frame. We just built a subframe to mount the body. We streched the wheel base out to 88" by moving mounts and using yj springs. We also comp cut it and moved the drivers seat into the rear fender so we could fit behind the steering wheel. I dont see any reason wih a little time and imagination u couldnt get it to look good without cutting a tj frame.

• I just love the old MB and want the modern drive line . :driving: it would be cool oh well :shrug:

• I'm with you on that. But as Aaron said, it is possible with a little work. It would be a good project to learn on.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!