What have you done to your Jeep today?

• Hmm that looks suspiciously like the bumper I bought from you haha. I guess you didn't want the full width

&quot;Always do sober what you said you&#039;d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.&quot;--Ernest Hemingway<br /><br />&quot;Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast.&quot; ---Oscar Wilde

• yeah I wanted a narrower bumper. It's from JCR Offroad. The inner bolts were tricky to get to, especially the upper one on the drivers side because of the 2012+ vacuum pump. The passenger side was tough because of the swaybar motor, but more room than the drivers side.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• First I had the rust issue. Then, the upper bolts were impossible to get to on both sides. Finally got them out, still not quite sure what I did differently to get to them. Then, I tried to transfer the fog lights over, but alas, the wiring was too short, so I had to splice in more wire. Then, I moved onto the winch....found out after I got the winch out of the box I probably should have put it one BEFORE I put the bumper on, but I had come too far by then. I wasn't about to back track now. So I had the exact same problem with the sway bar on the front bolts of the winch as I did with the upper bolts of the bumper, coupled with the bottom of the new bumper it was seemingly more impossible to get those front bolts on. Finally, get the thing on, and the negative nut is bolted so damn tight I was shocked the post for the accessory terminal didn't break off. Thought it might when I tried to loosen the nut...a few seconds of breath holding and straining. FINALLY get the battery hooked up to the winch and...oh wait...I have a long black hose with a filter...where does that go...ON THE BACK OF THE WINCH...back to phase 1.... :bang: I chose this project because I thought it would be easier than most things I could do to this Jeep. Sure as hell didn't feel like it. I'll post pics of the finished work when the sun is up tomorrow.

&quot;Always do sober what you said you&#039;d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.&quot;--Ernest Hemingway<br /><br />&quot;Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast.&quot; ---Oscar Wilde

• built the new bumper and got the everything out of the way so the hood fits

• that axle belongs under a zombie hunter rig. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• Sick... just Sick! Can't wait to see this thing in action! How close are you to completing the rig Aaron?

got a ton of minor things to finish. it should be on the trail for april, which is my normal starting month for the summer season. i am waiting on the ori shocks and have to order new shafts for thefront, but all the major fab will be done this weekend. btw that axle is just a Ruffstuff ford 9" housing like my rear one. if you want to see a big axle check out their Solid 14 bolt housing.

• I like them a lot... haven't wired them up yet, rain stopped me from doing it Wednesday and I had to sleep between shifts today. Hopefully Saturday or Sunday. Rain is on the forecast for Saturday, so probably Sunday. Certainly by the club meeting in 2 weeks, I'll show them off after the meeting.

I hooked one up temporarily to power on my XJ a while back to test it, and it's BRIGHT. The lenses are almost 8" diameter and (usually) for lights, the larger the reflector, the more light output. They're HID bulbs, so much much brighter than any automotive halogen bulb out there. The downside is the warmup cycle, they take a few seconds to get to full brightness and because of the ballast system, I can't use them to flash idiot drivers in front of me like I could do with the 55W IPF lights on my XJ.

Jerry / Whatevah

• I like them a lot... haven't wired them up yet, rain stopped me from doing it Wednesday and I had to sleep between shifts today. Hopefully Saturday or Sunday. Rain is on the forecast for Saturday, so probably Sunday. Certainly by the club meeting in 2 weeks, I'll show them off after the meeting.

I hooked one up temporarily to power on my XJ a while back to test it, and it's BRIGHT. The lenses are almost 8" diameter and (usually) for lights, the larger the reflector, the more light output. They're HID bulbs, so much much brighter than any automotive halogen bulb out there. The downside is the warmup cycle, they take a few seconds to get to full brightness and because of the ballast system, I can't use them to flash idiot drivers in front of me like I could do with the 55W IPF lights on my XJ.

A friend of mine has those on his JK...they are bright as hell...trust me, I've driven in front of him.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!