What have you done to your Jeep today?

• Per something Neill mentioned in a post, I used some Sea Foam on the JK motor yesterday. I've used fogging oil before but never this stuff. It looked like the Jeep was on fire when I restarted it with smoke billowing everywhere. :o

Though I'm skeptical, I hope it helps. :-\

I think he meant drive it out onto the surf as far as it will go and leave it... :innocent:

• Per something Neill mentioned in a post, I used some Sea Foam on the JK motor yesterday. I've used fogging oil before but never this stuff. It looked like the Jeep was on fire when I restarted it with smoke billowing everywhere. :o

Its always good measure to change the oil shortly after seafoaming an engine through a vacuum line.

I picked up a new PCV valve today...I figure it is the less smokey way of attempting to fix the problem

• Threw the PCV valve in tonight (it is a mf'er to get the old one out) From what I can tell, it was definitely fubar'd as the valve didn't rattle like the new one... plus there was a large amount of oil in the hose... so hopefully that will fix some of the magically disappearing oil...also threw a new water pump on... the old gasket seem to have give up the ghost considering about 1/2" of it was missing.....Would love to know how the hell that happened

• Threw the PCV valve in tonight (it is a mf'er to get the old one out) From what I can tell, it was definitely fubar'd as the valve didn't rattle like the new one... plus there was a large amount of oil in the hose... so hopefully that will fix some of the magically disappearing oil...also threw a new water pump on... the old gasket seem to have give up the ghost considering about 1/2" of it was missing.....Would love to know how the hell that happened

Just did mine this morning. I broke two zip ties pulling it but it was otherwise, pretty smooth. Unfortunately it was as good as new so it's doubtful that it was the cause in mine but for $13 and 10 minutes...it was worth a shot. :-\

I saw that pic you posted of the gasket. Strange.

• Changed out the passenger side valve cover gasket and replaced the PCV valve and some small rubber hoses that I broke in the disassembly. No more oil leak hopefully. What a pain in the ass just to get the cover off, but at least it went back together much faster then it did to take apart

• old motor is out, pan is cleaned, will be painted tonight, valve cover is cleaned, new oil pump screen ordered, all the odds and ends swapped to the new motor, waiting on a few parts and TIME, then she'll be off to the DMV for inspection

• cleaned up and painted the new hp30 and readied it for install. next is the rear axle. and then the motor build :suspicious:

.,=======o00o<br />//__|__l__,\___\,___<br />l_---\__|__|---&#91;]lllllll&#91;] _<br />(o)_)____(o)_)--o-)_)__

• After much thought, I found a place to mount the locker switches.

Used the coin/crap tray in front of console that had a few coins and some seashells Patti had stuck in there from the beach I dunno how many years ago.

Still have to finish and clean up some wiring, so please no comments on the potential for fire. :innocent:

• got my entire 4 inch rough country suspention lift kit on today. i did the entire thing on my own with just regular old wrenches. haha would of been nice to have some impact tools i started at 3 30 am and didnt get done till 8 pm

• Installed a pair of ACE rock sliders with help from my future father in-law. I love this mans house (well garage I should say) he has a lift and every tool you could think of at his house.

Pics
    1. Jeff removing the bolts
    2. Me grinding the washer down about 1/16"
    3. Jeff and me bolting on the rock rail
    4 and 5. After

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!