What have you done to your Jeep today?

• Mine got a new tow vehicle too.

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• This was a few days ago but I finally installed my Rockhard oilpan skids. Also I found that my new driver side head was leaking. I took it back to the dealer for a quick fix. Turned out that one of the head bolts became un-torqued.

[size=3]Before[/size]

[size=3]After[/size]
    [size=2][/size]

• Joel looks nice. Its more like a belly pan skid then an oil pan skid. Whats it bolted to in the front?

Thanks. I would agree that its more of a belly pan. Rockhard calls it their oil pan skid since that is one of the main things it covers but it covers the transmission and exhaust pipe also.
    In the front there are arms that attach to the motor mounts. I was a bit afraid of mounting in this location until I read the reviews of guys who use this more hardcore than I will. Just to be safe I will check on the mounts just to make sure I don't bust a weld but the entire skid feels solid and flattens out the bottom of the JK.

• Woohoo!!! Somehow passed inspection again with the TJ.
    Got some flack for my ball joints. The lower ball joints had .045 vertical movement which is over Ford tolerances but Dynatrac allows .050 so they let me slide. The upper horizontal play was on the edge too. The poor axle has seen a harder 15,000 miles than most usually see. :laughing:

• Woohoo!!! Somehow passed inspection again with the TJ.
    Got some flack for my ball joints. The lower ball joints had .045 vertical movement which is over Ford tolerances but Dynatrac allows .050 so they let me slide. The upper horizontal play was on the edge too. The poor axle has seen a harder 15,000 miles than most usually see. :laughing:

Hmm...I see the issue...

• Thinking about buying new wheels and tires for the Jeep... been looking at Pro Comp A/T 30x9.5's on some Black Rock Matte Black Rims

This is usually where you put a signature, instead I&#039;ll let everyone know I am looking for a CJ8 Scrambler.

• Decided to go ahead and put the new soft top on :driving:
    Bestop sailcloth replace a top...

I called Quadratec about getting the sail panel window replaced...

And then after about an hour or so with a razor knife I "fixed" the sail panel.

And stored the hardtop on the hoist I built.

• Tried to chase down an issue I had last week. Of course NOW it runs FINE!

So I'll have to drive around until it happens again and hope I can limp home. Was hoping to take the top off this week but doesn't look likely.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Tried to chase down an issue I had last week. Of course NOW it runs FINE!

So I'll have to drive around until it happens again and hope I can limp home. Was hoping to take the top off this week but doesn't look likely.

Just put mine back up last night. Been down since Friday afternoon. Can't wait til it's warm enough to leave off. :driving:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Replaced center link and tie rod ends because I failed to realize that when I lifted my jeep stuff that's been on there for 20 yrs now would break... or wear down... or bend ( center link) when you decide to run up a rock pile and not check what's on the other side... next week sye, 35's and boomerang shackles... plus another inch... woohoo! Then I'm done.. I hope.

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!