What have you done to your Jeep today?

• What if you got a large (950 or 1150) jump pack and wired it inline on a switched connection between the fuse box and cooler? When the Jeep is off it will work off the jump pack and when you run the engine it charges the jump pack battery?

My big fridge/freezer has a different compressor than the smaller one and seems to need a higher voltage than a battery not being assisted by an alternator can provide. :shrug:

What's wrong with using the jeep as the generator?

12-14 hours on the surf using a 3.8 liter V6 guzzler or a 50 cc single cylinder Subaru generator? You are right. It is a tough decision. :mrgreen:

• ARB says it draws .7 to 2.35 amps at 12v depending on ambient temp. So probably on the high side of that in 85 degree heat on the beach but it's not really all that much. You can try my jump pack on the 4th to see if it works. If it doesn't work I'd get a new Die Hard Plat deep cycle or splurge and go dual battery. Running a buzzing little generator all day on the beach would be even more annoying that No Shoes Radio.

• ARB says it draws .7 to 2.35 amps at 12v depending on ambient temp. So probably on the high side of that in 85 degree heat on the beach but it's not really all that much. You can try my jump pack on the 4th to see if it works. If it doesn't work I'd get a new Die Hard Plat deep cycle or splurge and go dual battery. Running a buzzing little generator all day on the beach would be even more annoying that No Shoes Radio.

I couldn't hear the generator even when it was on the back of the Jeep facing us though Surfrider was blaring his Nickelback. :bang:
    It will be silent in front of the Jeep and only need to be run once in a while.

EDIT: My jump pack will run the large cooler for an hour or two.

• That took a lot less time then I thought it would.

Its started and moved by wed. Currently stripping the existing box for removal.

• Its started and moved by wed. Currently stripping the existing box for removal.

She runs real nice... seems like a rock solid motor. How does the clutch feel, that was a pretty complex adjustment.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Started the full cage install. Removed the old roll bar last night at Aaron's. Will be fixing up the bed all day tomorrow.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

• What are those parts in the top pic?

Those lights are BRIGHT.

The left is a Warn locking hub and the right is a drive flange. It was just for comparison. My Warn hub housing took a hard hit that is repairable but I'm eliminating a weak link before it bites me in the ass.

• Cut out lots of rust and started patching .... Air riveter is a real time saver..

[img width=1200 height=675]http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=44930[/img]

[img width=1200 height=675]http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=44933[/img]

[img width=1200 height=675]http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=44936[/img]

• Jeep lost spark on the highway yesterday. Motor turned off while driving and I got stranded I got it towed to a shop for the first time in its life with me . Now Im wishing I had it towed to my house because Im thinking its either the ignition coil or the distributer but at the time I was stumped and my roadside only covers one tow. I had no power coming out of the distributor but I dident check for power going in. It had fuel in the rail and plenty of power in the battery. I checked all my fuses and tried to trace all the wires to make sure nothing was fried but dident find anything. It wouldent do the key trick to run codes but the engine light was not on. Figures, and I was all ready to make the final payment on friday! WTF! CPS is new so unless I missed a fried wire I think that only leaves a few other options.
    Aaron- Thanks for trying to diagnose over the phone with me. I know thats not an easy task.

• Jeep lost spark on the highway yesterday. Motor turned off while driving and I got stranded I got it towed to a shop for the first time in its life with me . Now Im wishing I had it towed to my house because Im thinking its either the ignition coil or the distributer but at the time I was stumped and my roadside only covers one tow. I had no power coming out of the distributor but I dident check for power going in. It had fuel in the rail and plenty of power in the battery. I checked all my fuses and tried to trace all the wires to make sure nothing was fried but dident find anything. It wouldent do the key trick to run codes but the engine light was not on. Figures, and I was all ready to make the final payment on friday! WTF! CPS is new so unless I missed a fried wire I think that only leaves a few other options.
    Aaron- Thanks for trying to diagnose over the phone with me. I know thats not an easy task.

Post up to see if somebody is willing to trailer/tow you back to your place. I can borrow my brother's tow bar if ya need it.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!