What have you done to your Jeep today?

• New LED headlights, now let them flash their high beams at me. Next is a winch and winch plate that gets delivered on Tuesday.

• Last night my throw out bearing exploded...

So this morning I pulled the Trans

Both of the ears broke off the throw out bearing, which in turn broke the spring that holds the fork on the ball and the bearing gouged the fork.... luckily the local dealer had them in stock

I also ordered a new flywheel and Advance Auto is replacing the whole clutch kit

Finished up the clutch kit, new flywheel, new clutch fork and retaining spring, also picked up an all metal throwout bearing
    It took 1hr and a half to take it apart and 3hrs to put it all back together... Including time to go to exchange and pick up parts. not too bad if I do say so myself...

It drives like a completely different jeep, no chatter on take off anymore!

• Seems to happen with the plastic throughout. I usually get an all metal one regardless of what comes in the clutch kit.

• Just a lot of time and some cursing no doubt.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Finally replaced my front springs from when I snapped one in half at big dogs.
    Remember boys and girls, always safety third.

[img width=1200 height=675]http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=45464[/img][img width=1200 height=675]http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=45467[/img][img width=1200 height=675]http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=45470[/img]

• Finally replaced my front springs from when I snapped one in half at big dogs.[img height=675 width=1200]http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=45467[/img]

Dude that just does not look safe.... :tsk:

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Dude that just does not look safe.... :tsk:

Hence the safety third comment. But that's the only way that I had to stretch it far enough to get the springs out and new ones in. Plus I wasn't underneath it so if it fell, oh well. It was more stable then it looked.

• I usually put the tire underneath in case it falls.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• A/C evaporator core removed, heater box cleaned out and reinstalled. Floor patched and painted. New thermal padding installed, previously cleaned carpet reinstalled. Seats steam cleaned, mounts painted and seats reinstalled. Cargo area carpet steam cleaned.

The thermal padding was added just to help with the heat coming thru the passenger floor board. It certainly lowered the noise level.

Thanks to my lovely wife for all of her help too.

• After fighting with an alternator on the wife's car for a few hours, I finally managed to wrestle these dang seat belt guides off.

After that, I finally got to install my seat covers I got at the Qtec tent sale. Crappy night pics but you get the idea. Guess the green piping compliments my green LEDs. [emoji41]

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• After fighting with an alternator on the wife's car for a few hours, I finally managed to wrestle these dang seat belt guides off.

After that, I finally got to install my seat covers I got at the Qtec tent sale. Crappy night pics but you get the idea. Guess the green piping compliments my green LEDs.

Jeremy I'll commend your willingness to fight from any angle but...that's not how most of us get to the alternator! Or bolt onto it. Really curious to see either the electrical system or the seat belt path on that vehicle!

Ordered a set of BW flat fenders.

BFrom I'll look forward to seeing them on your ride rolling through the Lowes parking lot!

Massive upgrade day here! Added a SOG folding shovel and a tow strap to meet the beach requirements for those rare opportunities that I get to go surf fishing. Then I installed a Lange Kwik Kit for easier hard top removal. After that accomplishment I went really big and threw in some Quadtratec roll bar clothes hangers. Modding like a madman!

[img width=900 height=1200]http://trmtechnologies.com/neonpirate/web/RMQuickTop.jpg[/img]

Yes, if you can't tell, I have a dog. Half German Shedder if you're curious as to the breed. I could probably knit a Pomeranian with what he leaves in the Jeep. Time to bust out the Shop Vac!

• No glass coverage on you insurance? I believe it's covered under my comprehensive? I don't pay a dime for a windshield...

I cracked 2 windshields the first year I had my JK... thankfully Allstate covers them (they own Safelite). OE replacements are $500. The "generic" ones are under $300 but I can't remember how much lower. The difference? No special decals around the edges (the grille, little Jeeps, etc).

got quotes as high as $500 for the jk windshield with the little jeep grill symbol on it but finally went with a cheaper company for the non-pic regular windshield for $175. came and did it all in the driveway while i was at work. i think the difference between the two windshields from the cheaper company was $125.

Finally replaced the windshield. Mentioned to my insurance company that I had the decals and they automatically installed a Mopar glass. Gotta love USAA and zero deductible.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!