What have you done to your Jeep today?

• It got some fresh air. First time since August.

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• Wish I could! My wife is due the week of Big Dogs, just my luck. No Big Dogs for me this year.
    I was hoping to use it for something though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkEBXD15Vb8 :mrgreen:

Save the airbag! You could have fun during delivery! Congratulations and good luck!

I did an oil, filter and air filter change over the weekend. One day I will get my front lights wired. Maybe this weekend. Then again, some idiot has been dropping that line on me for months now. Did order new CoverKing butt sections for my seat covers and their support was fantastic! Have to commend them for being so responsive and willing to sell me just the parts I needed at a really good price. Was worried that I would have to buy a full set and waste money\material since the uppers, rear seat and head rests are all in great shape but they helped me out.

• Some of us may have contemplated doing that exact thing last year to someone at Big Dogs. Good thing we're lazy and never got around to planning it since it probably wouldn't have ended well.

I still have air bags laying around from parting out my Cherokee.

• Finished up the body lift, followed by new longer brake lines for the front. Also installed some cargo d - ring tie downs in the back. Then did some flex testing to make sure all was well. Over all everything clears well, just a slight rub on the rear of the front wheel wells at full stuff and hard lock. So to sum it up that is roughly 1 inch of suspension lift, 1 inch body lift, and 33-12.50's. Wheels are 15x8, 4 inch back space with 1.25 inch wheel spacers. On a side note, if any of you CJ guys are looking for low buck extended front brake lines, the front lines from an 85 Plymouth horizon are exactly the same as ours but about 4 inches longer.

• astape installed new R&P gears on my front D30 on the JK (Some a-hole blew up his gears playing in the snow). The I did a rear brake job on the JK and WK this weekend.

• Finally got around to attaching the muffler and tailpipe to the rest of the exhaust. :o :o :o :o I have NEVER heard my Jeep that quiet before! Thanks again Steve for the parts! It's amazing how much noise that little crack in my exhaust manifold made. A couple times on the way to work this morning I actually paused and listened to see if the Jeep had stalled out....

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Picked up 4 inch rubicon express springs. Spruced them up a little. Installed windshield washer fluid reservoir. Sanded all the leads to my gauges, and added some dielectric grease. For the first time since I have owned this jeep,.......my fuel gauge works!!!!!!!!![emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]. Now to install the springs!!!!

• Cleaned (pressure washed) the winter off her.

One nice thing down here, they tend to mainly use sand to treat the roads rather than the various sodium concoctions.

After the bath, took her down to the lake. Can't wait to get out on the boat, and to get the hardtop off.

• Productive day today, replaced cracked borla muffler, finished u joints and replaced centering yoke on front drive shaft and installed back on jeep. Tightened up loose bolts on lower shock mounts on the rear and found a broken bolt at the pass side upper adjustable control arm. Tomorrow is another day !

• Post a review on the raptor liner when you apply it. I'm leaning toward Monstaliner for my trailer but haven't decided.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Installed some coil spring spacers I got a while ago.
    Painted a few things. Greased it then painted a few more things. Removed my Ramsey to dissect it. Doesnt look good. Im not sure I can save her.

• Post a review on the raptor liner when you apply it. I'm leaning toward Monstaliner for my trailer but haven't decided.

Will do. I was between the 2 but went with the raptor because the kit includes the gun and Id prefer to spray on vs roll on. I just think it will offer me a better coverage in corners and crevices. Itll be a little while untill the weather is right for it but ill definiatly post up pics.

• Replaced the upper and lower ujoints in the rear driveshaft last night. Still have small vibes but nowhere near as badly. Nice thing about the ujoints I got from Autozone is that their warrantied. Took the old ones back and the refunded me the $$ I paid for the new ones. The upper joint had a few missing needle bearings but the lower looked in good shape. Figured I'd just replace both while I was at it and it only took about an hour to do the job.

I'm hoping to be able to order the SYE and driveshaft by the end of the week. Going to order a driveshaft from Tatton and the PORC sye (unless CJ can match/beat their price).

Wondering if I should try and do a Ford axle swap while I'm at it but that leads to finding one, making sure it's geared to match the D30 (3.07), if not regearing to 4.10/4.56/4.88, finding front D30 to match or regear that, adding a locker(s)..... somehow I don't think the wife will let me use that whole tax return for all this even if I could stretch the funds that far. :doh:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!