not true

• i do not know who wrote this but i just wanted to set the record straight they did not bet eather the short bed Ram or the Explorer because my brother and i placed first and second and we both have a trophy to prove it

• y do you need to know who i am and i did not mean any thing by it i was just let people know the truth what is wrong with that

• y do you need to know who i am and i did not mean any thing by it i was just let people know the truth what is wrong with that

Well, since you are basically calling another user here a liar, I think it would be nice to know who it's coming from.

Why don't they post the results somewhere? Or do they?

• two things....
    who are you?
    what makes you think we care?

I love the fact that some anonymous poster who joined at 7:31p today is blathering on about a Ram and an Explorer and calling somebody, and I have no idea who because the post is so poorly written, a liar. What was this, a dumbest redneck competition? You both win! Now go away... :razz:

EDIT: May I just add, I have never seen nor heard of a "shot bed"...

• IMO if he has the balls to post it .
    Lets see where it goes ....

Ram Head and Nate240sx weren't the only ones there .
    I'm sure other that went can say for sure ...

• Unfortunately it doesn't look like Delaware 4 Wheelers/FlatORama has a website anymore to post the results, we looked for it the other day while trying to find a schedule for the weekend.

I only saw a small handful of races in the 4+ hours I was there on Sunday so I can't say.
    JeepsterJK & Chief might be able to clarify a little better.

• So who is the liar??? This ought to be good....... getting called out on the world wide web gets :tup: :tup: in my book!

Nate240sx
    Forum Guest

Jeeps owned: 97 Jeep Wrangler TJ 2.5

Delaware jeep races!!!
    « on: May 24, 2009, 11:30:52 AM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    well this weekend was the delaware jeep races...had a good time watchin the figure 8 race and the drags...i ran my 97 tj 2.5L in the street drags and ran a 7 flat...i was excited cuz i walked the dog on a ford explorer and a doge ram 1500 short bed...but i got knocked out by a doge 2500 desil...oh well i beat a v6 and a v8 so im happy...but im looking for new gears for my danna 30"s so have a lil more balls to turn my bigger tires for next year so i can win...

Report to moderator Logged

I guess ramhead is saying Nate240sx is not telling the truth Idon't know as I was not there.

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

• I was there with jeepsterjk and Chief, watched the whole thing.........the "unsanctioned" street drags were a time event where you were racing against your own time. If you busted your time, you were done. Basically, the most consistent time down the track won the event. Yes, you were at the line with another vehicle and yes, someone crossed the line before the other vehicle BUT that wasn't what the competition was about.

I'm not sure who got any trophys, really wasn't paying much attention to be honest! I did see several jeeps including the green one in question.

Just wait until Jim sees all the spelling issues with this thread, he'll have a coronary!

• ...the "unsanctioned" street drags were a time event where you were racing against your own time. If you busted your time, you were done. Basically, the most consistent time down the track won the event. Yes, you were at the line with another vehicle and yes, someone crossed the line before the other vehicle BUT that wasn't what the competition was about.

That's bracket racing.

we also all know that a 2.5l 4 banger jeep isn't winning jack sh*t in a race :idiot:...unless it's turbo..maybe ::)

Actually, in bracket racing where consistency is the key a 4 banger Jeep CAN win against a larger vehicle.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Edited once, last by Slimer ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!