DEJA trail run: Rausch Creek - Saturday, November 27th (Day after Black Friday)

• I had a great day. Thanks to all in the group for making it enjoyable and cheering me on when I forced my poor YJ through some blacks. A special thanks to Randy for leading the pack. I only ended up with a couple pictures.

The little YJ that could (92Renegade)

And the trail repair that kept him going

Group Photo

Poser shots of my Junk

• This would make a good calendar pic.

I agree. Maybe I could at least get this pic on my Avatar and get rid of the green pic.

Aaron

• Well had a great day yesterday. Thanks for letting me lead. Finaly meet some of the other folks from the club. As said before we had a full day of trails with very little damage. I did develop an exhaust leak on the way home as well as the pesky misfire that keeps coming back at random. Well tommorow I'll take the exhaust manifold off and install new gaskets. See you all at JFJ

Keith

• I think I might have an exhaust leak as well...gotta powerwash it this week and crawl under. It was sounding pretty loud when I got on 81. Ahhh well, I think I'm just gonna cut it off anyways. My steering also went from being about 15-20 degrees off center to about 60 degrees. Tie rod and everything looks perfect, no new threads showing (that I can see through the mud) so I don't think anything loosened. Whatever. :driving: :beer: 8)

• seems you boys had fun, Bill, devils den has some interesting lines, assume that pic is the end of the trail where the J##P has a strap hooked up?

Yeah. A lot of the lines I tried swallowed up my 37's like they were nothing. It's great to see Rausch Creek expanding like that. There is tons of potential over there.

That's me strapping Geoff's J**p at the very top of Devil's Den. He could have made it with a little stacking but we had been through enough at that point. :doh:

• It was great to get the Jeep dirty again, it's been far too long! Thanks for Keith for leading.

Wayne and I broke off at the end of the day to do Camel Back which was a great run. There were a few pucker moments that had my son and I laughing like mad men.

I didn't take many pictures, but here they are. Hope to see you all out there again soon.

• seems you boys had fun, Bill, devils den has some interesting lines, assume that pic is the end of the trail where the J##P has a strap hooked up?

Probably only needed Buttons to spot him! :laughing:

I had a blast, I'm really glad I could make the ride! We ran Green/Blue/Black. It was a great group. Luke had some offroad experience in a lifted open/open YJ, Neill in a stock YJ with limited offroad time, Jeff in an open/open KJ on 35's first time out, Jen in "Her Jeep", and Andy in his TJ, lifted open/open on 33's first time not in the XJ. The trails we ran gave everyone a chance to challenge themselves and their rigs. "1a" Green with Blue and Black sections, "2" Blue, "O" Green with Black. We made our way to "23" a Blue on the West property via the "Pole Line" and the Power Line". Don did a great job of spotting when necessary. Everyone did great, but I think the MVP award goes to Neill and his YJ. See You All at JFJ!

Randy

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

Edited once, last by shorebird ().

• Awesome to check out the new property and see some very capable jeeps/drivers in action. Especially when they are "trying" to break...even with some gnarly t-case noise in neutral going backwards, you made it up that hill, thanks for leading JMan. The XJ lives! See you all at J4J

• I'm totally ready to go back Luke. A didnt seee Randy before we left, I wanted to thank him for a great day. You Randy my friend are a fantastic trail guide. A big thanks to Don for dealing with my horrible driving skills and getting me through without getting me stuck. I'm thinking we all need to head back up the week of Christmas.

• Thanks, Jeff. I would love to ride the week between Christmas and New Year, but I'll be wheelin' the KJ down I 95 to Florida for the New Years Eve madness in Key West.

Randy

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• Everyone did great, but I think the MVP award goes to Neill and his YJ. See You All at JFJ!

Randy

Thanks Randy for the kind words. :up: I too was amazed what I was able to do in a mostly stock YJ :fishing: I think I caught wheeling bug and can't wait to get back on the trails I all ready have some Mods planned for the New Year. :driving:

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

• Hello folks. I just signed up to your forum to share a few photos I took of your group. I was with the small Rover group that day. I have a few more to post if you guys are interested:

• NICE pics, yes, post more!!! How about the one of the other jeep almost doing an endo there?

Ah man, I missed that photo opt! I was watching from inside one of the rovers as we were leaving when that happened. That was what motivated me to get out and take photos before we left.

.......more to come by this evening.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!