***Spring Fling & May Meeting - Saturday May 19, 2012***

• How strong is your relationship with your girl friend?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• It used to be held the first weekend in May but then when attendance first started dwindling in '09 we held a poll and I believe from then on it's been the 2nd or 3rd weekend.

The warmer months make it harder to pick dates. We cannot accomodate everyone when planning things like this. :shrug:

If we don't even have enough for a quorum then there's no point in having the event.

^^ This. ^^

I doubt the reason that attendance has dwindled is because everyone is at the Scottish Games.

Only so many weekends in a year.

There were polls for the '08, '10 and '11 dates.

The dates picked in all three won by over 70%.

The number of members that even bothered to vote in those polls was 30, 35 & 16 respectively.

Probably should have seen the writing on that wall. :bang:

Not sure what the current Membership number is, but IMO if at least 25% don't commit to coming, probably not worth bothering.

And not to start a :pee:, but I really don't recall you ever saying that. :shrug:

• I would attend..........BUT I work at a racetrack as the track EMT and I have a race that day. So I am out. >:( Just a thought maybe we could think about everyother yr :shrug: and not every yr.

• The after-holiday holiday party seems to get a better turn out. At this point I'd rather see us throw the extra funds towards that and maybe do some giveaways.

The Fling could be replaced with a meeting/meet and greet that doesn't cost $100 just to show up.

If you ask Keith I was the biggest supporter for the SF but even I can't justify it with less then 25 RSVP's when it's less then 2 weeks out.

• I have the Day in Old New Castle to work so I won't be making it unfortunately.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Mo and I will be there if it's held, bring potato salad or cole slaw. Of course, it's three miles away for me so it's not a big effort to get there. I can come early to help set up/cook, whatever is needed.

• Hi Folks
    I would like to participate in more events trail runs etc... But I work shift work, and most of the time things are scheduled after my long break or when I'm at work.
    I had hoped to be a little more involved with you folks, so I apoligize in advance.
    I would have to use my vacation to make runs, meetings and events, the way the calendar is set up for the year.
    If I was available I would be there.

Thanks hope you have fun
    Mark

• Don't apologize. We do a ton of events and it's tough to make a lot of them due to work, busy summer schedules, etc. Having a lot of different types of events gives more people an opportunity to participate but it tends to also dilute the main events.

It's all good though. As I've always said, it's only a Jeep club. If it feels like it becomes an obligation and loses it's fun, then what's the point? ;)

• Ok, here is our dilemna:
    The Spring Fling is 4 miles away from us....
    And it is also the first day of our vacation in Jamaica.....
    Hmmmmmmmmmm.....
    You all enjoy Killens Pond!

• if this is still going to be held i will rsvp for 3 people, won't be able to get there until closer to noon time.....can bring a case or two of cold beverages.....soda,beer,whatever.....just let me know the preference
    Bob

• Damn. Wife and I both really wanted to attend this yr. unfortunately, may is nuts for us. 5 immediate family birthdays and 2 weddings (that I am aware of). Plus another 1 or 2 odds and ends commitments.. Crazy. Would really hate to see it come to an end. Was always a good time for all.

• Am planning to attend with a total of 3 in my party. Haven't been online much lately, so I'm sorry if my response is tardy. Will have to come back to you with my food contribution once I speak with the person who will actually be doing the work.

I'm catching a lucky break...will be camping the weekend before and the weekend after this event!

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• Updated RSVP's

Jen & Ian w/Mo - Brownies
    Whatevah - apple pie
    joelove +3 - pasta salad
    Grningbear +3 - fruit bowl & a dessert
    cj8 - chips & fritos
    flutterby + zoo - something desserty
    Chief57 + 2 - something
    hookedonthebay - cold drinks
    Mr.Joop + 1 - potato salad or cole slaw
    blackflag - something to share

• You forgot me + 4. We'll be a little late due to a race that morning but we'll definitely be there.

Although small, we'll consider this a go. If anyone else can make it, stop on by.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!