Jeep Cherokee Trail Carver

• Jeep® Cherokee Trail Carver
    Jeep Cherokee is for trail addicts seeking a vehicle with the capabilities to handle the rugged off-road, while projecting a unique, customized and luxurious look on the streets.

Going to the next level of customization, the Mopar-modified Jeep Cherokee uses the Trailhawk 4x4 package powered by a 3.2-liter V-6 engine as a starting point. Its exterior is colored in Auburn Pearl paint, with low-gloss black and Granite Crystal with low-gloss clear touches.

Unique Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk hood and roof topographical graphics are bordered in Crush Orange, with matching orange tow hooks. The top of the modified Jeep Cherokee sports a concept roof basket design, with orange accent side panels wrapped in woven metallic fabric. A front wind deflector, which includes the Mopar logo, completes the design.

Aggressive tires highlight the off-road flavor of the vehicle, and rock rails protect this Jeep Cherokee from trail obstacles.

The inside is enhanced with Katzkin Amaretto leather seats, with colored leather in the center, ensuring a premium feel. Leather wrapping on the center console, storage door and armrest, and matching color stitching on the seats, offer even more appointments. The top and bottom of the steering wheel are leather, and painted trim provides highlights throughout the inside.

Other Mopar goodies include bright door-sill guards with the Jeep Cherokee logo, a wireless smartphone charger, and WiFi. The Jeep Cargo Management Receiver System (JCMRS), a unique option that features a running bar along the left interior, to which Mopar items may be mounted, is also utilized. The Mopar roadside emergency kit, Trailhawk bag and first-aid kit are mounted to the JCMRS. In the Jeep Performance Parts department, a Mopar cold-air intake and a cat-back exhaust are put to work to achieve horsepower gains.

• I actually like it... would be a nice competitor for the Subaru and be able to run some muddy roads. I could have taken that on most of the trails I did in Colorado and Moab. lol well, minus the decal package.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I love it. But then again I'm a special kind a person.....

Are splash graphics an option?

Straight six or nuthin!
    1993 Jeep Wrangler Sport w/ splash graphics!
    1993 Dodge W-350 Cummins
    2006 BMW 325xi wagon.

• I like it.

And I think the wide angle shot is probably not the best representation.

No need to have giant headlight assemblies anymore with projector lamps which are much superior in performance.

I guess the head lights wouldn't look so bad if the front end was a little more boxed to give it that jeep look and not a cross-over look. I think the rest of the body looks good with the off-road package.

• would be a nice competitor for the Subaru

Would make a better looking Subaru...

But as for a replacement to Cherokee? Bleh... The PR
    director for jeep kicked me off her twitter feed because
    I told her it reminded me of an aborted aztec. I felt bad at
    first, but now I gotta say that in that pic... it REALLY
    does remind me of the aztec...

I drive WAY too fast to be worried about cholesterol...

Edited once, last by Bonkers ().

• ehh... anything would be an improvement over the Aztec thing. But, most vehicles these days are "inspired" by others. I'd say that it takes more visual cues from the BMW X series.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• side, and rear look great. front end is not what i would go for...smoke the lights, color match the grille inserts/ect and it wouldnt look too bad. Plus a couple 4 inch offroad lights or a nice LED bar somewhere to hide the nose.

• I had the chance to really look one over yesterday
    in person and i gotta say that the pics do not do it
    justice. This could easily be the worse looking car
    ive ever had the misfortune of laying my eyes on...

• They do call them Cherocars for a reason. I guess Jeep finally decided to chalk up the unibody to a crossover thats aerodynamic. I would never drive one but as long as they dont f up the wranglers they can make the rest of the line suitable for soccer moms and grocery getters for all I care. It does look a bit like an aztec :mrgreen: .
    If you take off the mt's and the roof rack you would be left with a kia/hyundai except the gas mileage wont be as good so they wont sell as well as the import cross overs. And all of the real Jeep people hate them since it doesent even look like a jeep so they lost that market as well.

• If they brought the headlights down, closer to the bumper it would take away from the "squinting" look and make it look a little better. For what it was built for I'm sure it will be popular. It would be a good platform to introduce the independent suspension platform on.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• It would be a good platform to introduce the independent suspension platform on.

I'm sure it's already IFS. With the exception of the Wrangler everything Jeep has produced has been IFS for years. Probably independent in the rear as well.

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!