I'm loving the 3.8 Liter JK engine in the snow.

• When you have almost no horsepower or torque, it's almost impossible to make the wheels slip. :laughing:

How's everyone else fairing out there in this mess? :driving:

• Still trying to get back to the shop from Atlantic City. Bumper to bumper on 95 and 476.

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

• Today was my first time driving my 2014 Wrangler in the snow & driving a 4x4. I loved it! And I don't like driving in snow!

Conquered Limestone Road, Milltown Road, Kirkwood Highway, Harmony Road with no problems coming home. All were snow covered and a mess, especially my development. Saw 5 vehicles that ran off the road....no Jeeps! :mrgreen:

• Today was my first time driving my 2014 Wrangler in the snow & driving a 4x4. I loved it! And I don't like driving in snow!

Conquered Limestone Road, Milltown Road, Kirkwood Highway, Harmony Road with no problems coming home. All were snow covered and a mess, especially my development. Saw 5 vehicles that ran off the road....no Jeeps! :mrgreen:

I've had access to drive a stock '12 in the snow a few times this winter. It is amazing. Just remember to keep it slow, anyways.

• I didn't have any problems. Traffic was going so slow it was hard to slip. But being locked front and back makes it interesting in the turns. I'm still getting used to that.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• . But being locked front and back makes it interesting in the turns. I'm still getting used to that.

X 2, the turns are little hairy but straight away and steep hills aren't even a challenge anymore, kind of takes the fun out of winter driving

• X 2, the turns are little hairy but straight away and steep hills aren't even a challenge anymore, kind of takes the fun out of winter driving

My TJ is locked front and rear and it keeps the driving in snow VERY interesting.

The JK with all of it's electronic gizmos won't even let me fish tail. I turn the ESB off and it still kicks in if I get too crazy. >:(

• Hehe I went out to blow the snow off the hardtop and tried to do a donut in an empty lot. Got a 1/4 through the donut and remembered to hit the ESP button to turn it down a notch. First time doing a donut in the JK!

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• When the roads are icey and I want to point the Jeep in the other direction for when I leave my house I'll put it in 2WD, cut the front tires hard left and nail the gas to fish tail and park. Kind of fun. :driving:

Just don't do a 2wd burn out on the ice. If your tires hit a dry spot things go BOOM! Speaking from personal experience. :doh:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Having a non selectable lockers in snow stinks lol. Rear of mine is good but lock right in the front tends to go straight no matter what ways the wheels are turned lol.

• Having a manual JK is a bit more fun once I turned the ESP button off. I had a lot of fun driving home from work then releized I needed cheese at 730pm so I had to run out to the store... :innocent: :driving: I'm debating taking the TJ out around the block today since i'm working from home.

• I'm debating taking the TJ out around the block today since i'm working from home.

I drove mine to go sledding down the street with no windshield. I felt like I was going to :censored: die from exposure.

Do it Matt....you need to practice for the plunge. :)

• I drove mine to go sledding down the street with no windshield. I felt like I was going to :censored: die from exposure.

Do it Matt....you need to practice for the plunge. :)

Nice! I was atleast going to take the 5 mins and put my windshield on.

• The JK is not alot of fun in the snow.. stupid ESP truly is a buzz kill when all of a sudden you just loose all momentum... It is 1000 x's better than my TJ, nothing better than going into a turn and you keep turning the steering wheel but the jeep keeps going straight.. I guess the JK is heavy enough and long enough to keep it from turning into a plow when turning

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!