Quadratec's 9th Annual Tent Sale 10/11 9am-4pm

• I will be getting there some time between 8 and 830. i live just around the corner from them. Ill be the 15 blue JKU with the factory half doors and the DEJA flag on the cb antenna.

Mike

• Rained out of hunting this morning, took the 10 minute ride to q tec, managed to be 8 or 9th jeep in line. The line is growing!

• Still here, scored a set of wet oakley seat covers. $100 for front and rear seats. Fronts fit real nice on my saturn seats. Will see about the back. Might sell that one.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Rained out of hunting this morning, took the 10 minute ride to q tec, managed to be 8 or 9th jeep in line. The line is growing!

I stopped by for a few minutes. That was the most Jeeps I've ever seen there. Of course I was driving a Ford.

• The pushing and shoving was ridiculous, people were actually running for the tables, looked like the news reports on black Friday when they show the crowd stampede through the front doors at wal mart.

• Yeah the crowd pushing and people runing to the tents was ridiculous. I got there right around 8 and was a few Jeeps behind Bob. Ran into a friend from work and her brother standing in line. Steve drove in as we were standing there. Ran across them as well as Neill a few times during the day. I stayed til the 2 pm raffle drawing but today seemed to be my donate to the cause day as I didn't win anything. Talked to all the vendors, my brother bought a TATAs Hoodia from Chantelle (I think it was her), and I finally bit the bullet on some Wet Okole front covers. Tried and talk em down to $40 but snagged em for $60.

All in all it was an ok day, just the rain sucked a bit. There was a guy flying get a drone around so hopefully we'll get some interesting pics. Steve, I got my Qtec cover photo too. Guy wouldn't let me stand outside in front of the Jeep so y'all can't see the DEJA logo I was rocking!

Had to limp my way home as I lost the u joint and rear drives haft on my way up to the tent sale. Made it home okay on the front driveshaft. Thanks again Bob for the offer of a place to work on it if needed.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

Edited once, last by Kuntryboy816 ().

• Scored a bumper for more than half off. I was stoked because the tag identified it as a rear bumper. I snatched it up in all that pushing and shoving as I hadn't picked out a rear bumper for the XJ yet and didn't really care much about what bumper I put on the rear. Now not having had either bumper off I did not have any experience how they mounted if the mounts were the same or different etc...

So I get home and start looking at the stock mounts on the jeep and realized I probably have a front bumper.

The handwritten part number on the sales ticket id's the bumper for a yj/tj but the dimensions don't match up for a wrangler bumper and it's about five inches short according to the dimensions for an XJ bumper. It measures 62"

Wtf ...I am totally confused here. It's not the bumper I wanted for the front. Can I make it work on the rear? Should I just install it on the front if that's where it belongs until I get the one I want? Sell it? I apologize for the rambling just a little frustrated.

• Sounds about right for the quad tent sale. You got to be smarter then the company that sells the stuff.

• Can you cut and re weld the mounting brackets to make it fit?

Sounds about right for the quad tent sale. You got to be smarter then the company that sells the stuff.

Lesson Learned, again the hard way. :bang: My lack of experience with the product I was buying did not help matters much either
    I'm pretty certain it will bolt onto the front of my XJ as it is
    I'm going to install it today and see how it looks, for what I paid for it it will do until I get the one I want. Besides I hate the stock front bumper. It just may be a blessing in disguise. :shrug:

• Lesson Learned, again the hard way. :bang: My lack of experience with the product I was buying did not help matters much either
    I'm pretty certain it will bolt onto the front of my XJ as it is
    I'm going to install it today and see how it looks, for what I paid for it it will do until I get the one I want. Besides I hate the stock front bumper. It just may be a blessing in disguise. :shrug:

Sorry to hear about this. If it was indeed marked incorrectly we can take it back and refund you if you like. Just send me a PM with the order number and a photo of the tag and we'll go from there.

Thanks!

-Rick

• Appreciate the gesture. However, the tags are collected at time of payment and I did not think to take a picture of it in all that pushing and shoving that was occurring.

Like I said, I believe it will fit on the front and it will be better than the stock one. If I really want to put it on the rear I have a torch and a welder that will make it work.

No worries Rick. I was more frustrated at my own mistakes than anything and thank you for the offer.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!