Finished the lift

• Got the lift all done on the yj. 4 inch springs, 2 inch shackles. Now I have some serious. I rations in my drive line. Most transfer case drop kits say they will drop the case 1 inch. Is one inch enough? If I get an SYE, will I have to replace my drive shaft as well?

• Maybe we can meet up one evening this week and you can compare your Jeep's vibes to mine. You're in Pike Creek, right? I'm available tomorrow and Thursday evening. Maybe Sunday afternoon as well. Let me know.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Pretty sure i told u a sye and cv were needed with the lift :). The t-case drop will help along with a motor mount lift but those are a band aid more then a fix.

• If you drop the t-case you'll want to shim the rear axle so the u-joint angles on the drive shaft match. Otherwise you'll get vibrations and be blowing u-joints quickly. I personally don't like t-case drops because they are counter productive to the lift you installed.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I used to wheel with a cheap bastard that had a 6in lift and no sye or t-case drop. His driveshaft would come out of the slip yoke on the trails if he got high centered. It was frusterating to watch :mrgreen: T-case drops suck if you plan to wheel it because youll spend all day getting high centered. If its just for the street you can get by.

• U are also gonna need 4 or 6 degree shims unless we but the 8.8 in at the same time as the sye.

• U are also gonna need 4 or 6 degree shims unless we but the 8.8 in at the same time as the sye.

Astape... when we did the 44 swap we had to do almost 12° on the spring perchs... i know a guy in laurel that has a 8.8 with 4.11's in it i cam check to see if he still has it and get you the info. And honestly... with 2 inch shackle lift and 4 inch spring lift good luck with the alignment... i got rid of boomerang shackles and went with revolvers in the fron and z-pacs in the rear... that much lift on the shackles will jack your castor or camber up i cant remember...

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• I believe Aaron was saying that if they did the 8.8 swap at the same time then they could cut off and weld the spring perches/shock mounts in order to position the pinion up at the correct angle instead of having to use shims.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!