Frame Repair

• I used something like that for fixing my frame. What I bought was 3/16" plate steel welded together to slip right over my frame. It fit like a glove and all the necessary holes were where they were supposed to be. Excellent quality. Another guy on here (although I've not seen him in a while) MaxCJ bought steel replacements for the front of his frame. These were beautiful pieces. They were just flat steel plate, 3/16" thick. Had to cut out the rust and lay the plate over. Again, all the holes were exactly where they were supposed to be.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• They are what u want to buy. I have done a bunch of frame repairs using their product. I can do the repair but not until mid to late aug.

• I just wanted to check and see if anybody else had any recommendations for shops , or people, who can weld those auto rust products. I'm in North Wilmington, and was trying to find somebody close. One of my rear upper CA's broke off at the frame, so I don't know if I can drive it far safely. XJ318 offered to but he is in Elkton, and again, I don't know if I want to drive it that far without the CA.

Astape is booked up till the end of August at least. I don't mind waiting because it sounds like he is HIGHLY recommended, but it's driving me nuts staring at the jeep in my driveway! If anybody knows anybody let me know. Thanks.

• PM Dugan here on the boards. He is in New Castle right by 295... if you can't drive it to his shop, he has a trailer and may be able to come pick the Jeep up.

Edit: I'll shoot him a text and see if he's available. He hasn't been on the boards here since May so he may not see a PM.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

Edited once, last by Kuntryboy816 ().

• Hit up Shadyluke. I know Aaron is backed up and Luke can do it now if needed. Honstly the only people I trust are the ones I know being Aaron and Luke for what's it worth. I'm sure there are others as well but they are both close.

• I wanted to send out a HUGE Thank You to ShadyLuke for repairing my frame! He does excellent work and I would highly recommend him. He installed 4 Autorust parts for me (both center sections at the skid plate, and both rear trailing arms). He took the time to come down and trailer my jeep to his house (due to a broken control arm), and was nice enough to pick me up yesterday when I couldn't find a ride up to his house. The down time was only about a week and a half. Again, thank you to Luke.

• I wanted to send out a HUGE Thank You to ShadyLuke for repairing my frame! He does excellent work and I would highly recommend him. He installed 4 Autorust parts for me (both center sections at the skid plate, and both rear trailing arms). He took the time to come down and trailer my jeep to his house (due to a broken control arm), and was nice enough to pick me up yesterday when I couldn't find a ride up to his house. The down time was only about a week and a half. Again, thank you to Luke.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm pleased at how it turned out. Here's a couple before and after pics.

Frame before:

Frame after:

The driver side axle coil bucket also had some issues. I took this:

And turned it into this:

Can't wait to get the lift this week to make this stuff easier.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!