deja owned land??!!!

• how come deja hasnt taken the leap that it seems so many other clubs have, and purchase land for off road club use????

• there's nothing in DE suitable for the wheeling styles most of us like (hills, rocks), then you have all of the liability and maintence headaches. the ESJA has a section of land in Sussex county, though.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Have you priced land in Delaware ?

If every PAYING member put in $1000 we could (maybe) buy 10 acres.

And who are all these "other clubs" that have done this ? I only know of one.

This is really not a new topic.

• how come deja hasnt taken the leap that it seems so many other clubs have, and purchase land for off road club use????

whats the point ?
    who is going to be invovled in the headache ?
    hell deja as a whole can only manage a handfull at best whenever RC
    or the park formerly know as PAP needed help clearing land and
    it was always the same ppl to go and do it .

too many headaches imo for the club (of this small size ) to deal with

• too many headaches imo for the club (of this small size ) to deal with

Actually, IMO we are too large and DE as small as it is, is too spread out.

It just isn't feasible and certainly wouldn't be worth the headaches involved to go wheel in some farmer's field.

• Couldn't the club just rent land from some park to go wheeling in. Wasn't Blue Diamond recently holding a 4x4 day at its local? They have pretty good things to climb there and its pretty big.

1999 Grand Cherokee WJ 3" lift JK Moabs 31" tire
    1993 Grand Cherokee 7" Long Arm, Badgeless, SOLD
    1981 CJ-7 4" Lift, 31" MTR's, Pretty Blue

• The Land that ESJA has is in Delmar, DE.
    I think they rent it or something. I'm not sure.
    I'm sure if anyone wanted to join ESJA and pay the land fee's they could. I think it's $100 a year on top of regular membership costs in order to use it.

• Couldn't the club just rent land from some park to go wheeling in. Wasn't Blue Diamond recently holding a 4x4 day at its local? They have pretty good things to climb there and its pretty big.

Again....where in Delaware isn't built up or protected in some way? I always through the old pit behind Burger King at Hares Corner in New Castle would make for a fun spot.....but it's been filled in over the past 10 years.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• some of them farmers will let you wheel on their land though they just don't want a lot of people movin in the area. I know one guy who lets me wheel on his land all the time thats where all the pinstripes on my truck came from.

i think it would be more of a headach then its worth though plus th land is too flat around here

• If you can find a guy like that...who doesn't care if someone wheels on their land...then that would be great because there's no need for a lease. No paperwork = no liability on the clubs part.

That's a different story than having "official property" for only DEJA members to use.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• This comes up every so often.

DeJA is not going to get into land ownership or management.

There would be far too many headaches.

If someone knows a land owner that doesn't mind if a bunch of people come and tear his land up, then by all means get a group together and have at it.

But it is the feeling of the current BOD (and we are the ones ultimately responsible for what this club does) that this is not something we want to get involved in.

• yes the ESJA has a spot that they lease land and yes it's a $100 a year per member on top of their membership. also, yes it's a lot of work to maintain it. they are having a show in late Sept. and they started working on the land for it two weeks ago! so it takes a lot of time and work which I for one can't help out with. also I believe they have had the land about four years now and are still working on it. they have cut down their own trees, shoveled, moved their own holes or dips and whatever else that they can do they made themselfs. does everyone here want to give up every weekend they are free to maintain land? the area behind Hares corner is all build up now. no place to even park there now. now, a small decent idea would be to go half on a land lease with another club. that way you could share the responsibly. then again, not sure about that idea either. Like our President said. may be to much for this club to endore. nobody said can't be a member of another club that has a land lease either. :shrug:

84 Cj 7 AMC 150, 4.5" BDS Lift, Twin Stick, BF Goodrich 35s...

98 Grand Limited (Wife's)
    ~Always interested in trades~

• i have a buddy who works for the guy who owns blue diamond. he said there's tons of room to have a nice course there. he said they put all the huge rocks that they get from the construction area. and supposedly hes bout making money. maybe we should approach him about something.

• i have a buddy who works for the guy who owns blue diamond. he said there's tons of room to have a nice course there. he said they put all the huge rocks that they get from the construction area. and supposedly hes bout making money. maybe we should approach him about something.

WE (DeJA0I think wouldn't work to well. I would say if you wanted to go and talked to him and bring us back more info that would be good.

• If the guy who owns Blue Diamond is interested in creating an offroad park on the property there like RC or Paragon, that would be great. And I'm sure our club as well as others in the area would be able to help in supporting it like we do RC & PAP, but we wouldn't be responsible for it.
    But then again, it would all be flat so how much fun would it be :rollsmile:?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!