What have you done to your Jeep today?

• Another OD green jeep? You guys can have your own little cool kid club like those red jeep people.

Hater

• Another OD green jeep? You guys can have your own little cool kid club like those red jeep people.

Ive got several cans of OD stashed also...Just waiting for the next pressure wash and Im gonna join the cool kids too.

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• Go with a darker olive color. Maybe with a matte finish.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I barely trust myself painting it flat od green let alone a camo pattern :laughing: . But I'm already invested in OD Green and just waiting for a free weekend to do it.

DEJA is entering two teams in the club comp next year. RED vs. OD green. Time to get the OD paint cans out and paint my TJ. :)

• DEJA is entering two teams in the club comp next year. RED vs. OD green. Time to get the OD paint cans out and paint my TJ. :)

:up: Hopefully my real mods that matter will be on by then and I dont keep wasting time and money on things like paint... :innocent:

• Finally got my leaks under control. Replaced the output seal on the transmission, input seal on the transfer case and put on a new Hurst shifter that gets rid of the shifter seal that was also leaking.
    Also got my Black steelies mounted and balanced. Should be all ready for the members ride!

Joe

• Started stripping her back down. Removed the driveshafts, drained the transfer case and removed it, dropped the trans pan and drained the trans then re-installed the pan. Not too shabby for the 2.6 hours of sunlight we get during the day now. Taking that transfer case off solo while laying on your back on the cold driveway is always an exhilaration of fun! Especially when you go to lower it on your chest and realize you forgot to remove the vacuum lines from the top! I'll have "NP231j" tattooed into my chest for awhile. After that I cleaned the linkage connections and hit them with some PB Blaster to soak overnight. With all that accomplished, I spent a little while cleaning and organizing the shed, removing the AC window units and putting them in storage for the winter. After that it was time for a hot shower and a couple Advil.

Tomorrow I'll remove the starter and undo the linkages and try and get the trans dropped. Anyone who is feeling a bit bored tomorrow yet may feel the need to verify the weight of a TF999 automatic transmission is more than welcome to come over and give it a try! I do have a 3ton jack in case it proves to be your Kryptonite! :innocent:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• The 999 with tc will be aruond 100-130lb. You can pick one and move it around fairly easy but pench pressing one will take 2 people.

Aaron

• Haven't been here for a while guys, so I apologize for my absence.
    I have been busy with both of my Jeeps. Latest work includes my rescue of an 89 YJ from the scrap heap. Converted over from electronic carburetor to mechanical. Got rid of all of the sensors. And mounted a small winch up front.

Comments are welcomed.

Andy A.
    ...git down-n-dirty everyone. !!

• Pulled the transfer case shifter and got the linkage for the trans disconnected. Then I disconnected the battery and pulled the starter. Next disconnected the exhaust down pipe at the cat but couldn't get it at the manifold. So i soaked it with PB Blaster and moved on. I started undoing the lines going to the radiator and before I caught it I had twisted the line all to crap! So now I need to replace it but I'm afraid I'll destroy the other line. I'll probably end up with a new send and return line anyways but if anyone has a suggestion on how to remove the line w/o destroying it that would be great.

Next thing is to get the trans off. My Haynes manual says something about marking the fly wheel and the torque converter and removing the cover plate. Well the cover plate isn't coming off till the trans does unless there's something I'm missing. How can I get to the bolts that hold the flywheel and all that together? I'm not seeing it....

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• I once fought a rear hitch installation on someone's TJ for close to 3 hours...but just put a rear hitch on our JKU in about 90 seconds flat. The engineers finally got something right. :up:

agree...i did one on my boss's JKu and it took less than 15 mins including lights, testing, and cleanup. the plastic press in thingies even fit where they should have.

how was the front hitch install....which one did you go with. looking for that soon (to help tuck the boat in for the winter)

• While the Gods of Weather were still in a good mood last week I got a chance to take off the stock bumper of the XJ & put up the Rocksolid bumper that's been in the shed since June (health reasons, not lazyness. . :) & got the drill busy mounting the 3k winch I got off Ebay for $70 new. Yep, new.
    Next, need to make a decision where to mount the lights...thinking of just next to the winch to form a 'beam' of sorts and keep them safe from the TrailTrolls by putting them underneath.
    Comments? Criticisms?

• New shoes on the jk....37in Nitto Mud grapplers. Surprised at how little weight they took to balance up.

"I mean, I've always been a libertarian. Leave everybody alone. Let everybody else do what they want. Just stay out of everybody else's hair." - Clint Eastwood -

• While the Gods of Weather were still in a good mood last week I got a chance to take off the stock bumper of the XJ & put up the Rocksolid bumper that's been in the shed since June (health reasons, not lazyness. . :) & got the drill busy mounting the 3k winch I got off Ebay for $70 new. Yep, new.
    Next, need to make a decision where to mount the lights...thinking of just next to the winch to form a 'beam' of sorts and keep them safe from the TrailTrolls by putting them underneath.
    Comments? Criticisms?

How many pound winch is that?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!