What have you done to your Jeep today?

• That stupid banner hanging there cost me 10 points at one of the club comps. ;D

I couldn't care less about a couple dollars in dimes.

That seems to be that is what the bums in West Chester go after as well. Strangely I feel like thieves barely mess with topless/doorless Jeeps. It's almost like they figure it's a waste to check. Maybe a center counsel or glove box though. Glad it was just your change and I'm assuming the Audi will be in the garage a lot more now. ;)

• Well I didn't do it but some asshat broke into my Jeep last night. This is the second time someone has come through the neighborhood recently and hit multiple cars. Probably someone's 14 year old kid with a drug problem since they pulled everything out of my center console and glovebox, they only took the change out of the ashtray and didn't take a Leatherman or a few other things that might have pawn shop value. First time in the 7 or 8 years I've had the Jeep that anyone broke in. I'm just happy they didn't cut windows or anything like that. I could care less about a couple dollars in dimes.

Thats annoying. Mines been gone through a few times. So far I've lost a hatchet, a knife, a retractable baton, my registration and a set of air downs.

• I emptied all the loose ball bearings out of the transmission. To say the throw out bearing exploded wouldn't do it justice. [emoji35]

Ewww....Is it rebuildable?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• But if someone could rebuild this, well, just let me know where to send the parts. At least the ones that were big enough to find.....

[img width=1200 height=675]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.co…f7a00d55f9415243d6541.jpg[/img]

WILLYN is pretty good with this kind of stuff:

They went back on pretty good.
    [img width=900 height=1200]http://i1294.photobucket.com/a…8ce47692a_zpsfeaoz3g7.jpg[/img]

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• I think they are called "throw out" because they are disposable. ::)

No. From the reference of all the loose ball bearings, I read the original post as that he blew apart his transmission.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Last night, I Got my rockers prepped and cleaned then hit them with 2 initial coats of paint. It was too dark to get any painted pics but they look good IMO. I'm just using Rustoleum Hammered black @ the moment. Figured I'd start there, get some pics for Zach and then tweak the paint scheme a little after that.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• In my newly found free time so far I have replace the pass side stub shaft joint, pass side unit bearing, rebuilt CV on rear d/s, mounted new winch and prepped and painted my ricochet rockers. :driving:

• Last night, I Got my rockers prepped and cleaned then hit them with 2 initial coats of paint. It was too dark to get any painted pics but they look good IMO. I'm just using Rustoleum Hammered black @ the moment. Figured I'd start there, get some pics for Zach and then tweak the paint scheme a little after that.

I've got several feet of grip tape left I used on mine if you want it, probably have it cut it lengthwise to the size of the square steps. PSA: Use it only where you step, not where you slide out in shorts.

• Put the female buckles where they belong. Had to cut the stalks down for the fronts.

Got the final coats of paint on the rocker guards before it got too cold and dark. Tried to get some decent pics for Zach.

Thanks for the offer, Geoff, but I'm going to run these and see how they do. If they need more grip, I'll try the clear grip paint first.

• Well in the last week. I installed a new heater core in the TJ. As well as a new combo switch, HVAC switch panel and reverse switch.
    Will I had the dash out for the heater core I cleaned up the rats nest of wiring for the aux. fuse block I installed a whiled ago and cleaned up 10+ years of dirt and debris.

Installed a new EGR valve in the JKU too.

• New opt7 led headlights in my old h4 housing. Could been a 10 minute job but once I really looked at them I realized how dirty the inside of the housing was so I decided to pull everything apart to clean it. Then I decided to plastidip the trip.

For $99 I'm happy so far, weird hearing the cooling fan kick in when turning on the headlights.

[img width=1200 height=675]http://m.imgur.com/MlI6rOs.jpg[/img]

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!