** DEJA Trail Ride: Saturday, March 19th at R.C. ** (No Paint ball trip)

• Here are a couple phone pics I took.

Notice the difference between Brian and my camping styles. LOL. He has one sweet set-up.

Aaron and I on the "RTI Truck". I think I got him by a little. :idiot:

• Awesome rides guys, already redid the power steering pump resovior so now it won't whine the entire day. Affliction was a badass trail and the end was the icing on the cake for me. Brian nice videos and you are a wuss for not trying :razz: . Billy got a good work out learning the rear winch and cutting brakes.

BTW, Billy I think I would call it a tie, but dont forget I still have leaf springs in the front :mrgreen: .

Aaron

• hello all, forum lurker here. I was just reading about this place this weekend as I was trying to scope out somewhere else to wheel other than the beach and when it snows. Would love to see more pictures to see what it's like up there. Roughly how long does it take to get through the trails?

I see you guys mentioned blue and black which I'm assuming is the intermediate and hard levels. I just have a stock LJ with 31" duratracs, so I guess I'd be sticking to the green ones as it's my daily driver. Researching lifts, so I'll eventually get there, but just got the 31's end of last summer.

Anyway, show me some pics of green/blue trails!

edit: ahh there's a second page, you guys are modded up nicely :up:

• hello all, forum lurker here. I was just reading about this place this weekend as I was trying to scope out somewhere else to wheel other than the beach and when it snows. Would love to see more pictures to see what it's like up there. Roughly how long does it take to get through the trails?

there are many miles of trails, and we don't race along. on a good day, we'll spend the entire day on the trails until near dusk.

I see you guys mentioned blue and black which I'm assuming is the intermediate and hard levels.

that's a pretty good way to put it, yes

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

Edited once, last by altierior ().

• I just have a stock LJ with 31" duratracs, so I guess I'd be sticking to the green ones as it's my daily driver.

you'd be AMAZED at what your stock rig can do. you won't want or need to stick with greens. this would be perfect for you:

Trail Ride and Jeep 101
    Additionally, we are running a trail run on Sunday, April 10th, with a small Jeep 101 before hand. We will go over the basics such as airing down, safety, trail etiquette, basic repairs, etc.

As with previous years, this will be a very laid back run and anyone wanting to try out their Jeeps for the first time will learn a lot from this. :up:

click here.

also, Rausch Creek has monthly guided rides, sometimes geared toward beginners and stockers. there happens to be one [url=http://www.rc4x4.org/rcforum/index.php/topic,13105.0.html]next week[/url].

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

Edited once, last by altierior ().

• you'd be AMAZED at what your stock rig can do. this would be perfect for you:

click here

yeah, I've had a lot of fun with it so far. also, aarrtfggghhhh, April 10th sounds perfect except I'm on call that week and weekend! damn damn damn trying to switch with co-workers, but already have a no from one and expecting the same from another. uggh.

Edit: looks like I might have found someone to cover my on call that weekend... will ask more questions in the 101/trail thread.

• I just have a stock LJ with 31" duratracs, so I guess I'd be sticking to the green ones as it's my daily driver.

Greens are basically fire trails, you will get bored quickly.

My wife Patti has a TJ on 31's, it's her DD also and she's done lot's of wheeling with it.

This is from GWNF another place we go, but it'll give you and idea what a stock Jeep can do if you take it easy and have a good spotter for the tricky parts.

[youtube]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/youtube]

• Crazy Video's. Thanks for posting!!!

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Has this been shopped or is it the original pic? The tree line/sky looks kinda surreal and pretty cool.

Not at all. Just pulled it off the camera and posted. Its a pretty decent point and shoot cannon. The girl was running the shutter and managed to catch that as I rolled through.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!