Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Its what he needs

In that case, use the hockey puck method mentioned above. Don't bother using grade 8 bolts...use hardware grade since he doesn't care anyway...not that it would matter much. :spinrhead:

Do you have to extend the harnesses on a YJ with a 3" body lift? Honest question. :wavey:

• David Lettermans Top 10 reasons to let a friend install a 3" body lift..

10. Passing DMV inspection is overrated.

9. Enjoys testing the tensile strength of the wireing harness

8. Makes me look even cooler while smoking

7. Its fun to discover you cant get the transfer case in 4wheel low

6. They help show off all that chrome

5. Lets you play peek-a-boo between the frame rails

4. #12 on your red neck bucket listm

3. Honey boo boo digs them

2. Loves worms in cans

And the number 1 reason to let your friend ger a 3" body lift...

Sent from my Galaxy S3 with Taptalk 2

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• if he really wants one the rough country one is only $95 reatail. if he cant afford that he shouldnt be modifing his jeep.

aaron

• And the number 1 reason to let your friend ger a 3" body lift...

1. Strippers can use them for pole dancing!

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

• Who cares if his friend wants a 3 inch BL? it's not YOUR jeep, no reason to bash him it's not a big deal.

2003 TJ 4.0L, hardtop, Artec Trussed 8.8, 5.5 long arm currie joints, sye Tatton shaft, 35" km2s, barnes 4x4 belly up skid, 11,000lb qtec winch AtoZ fab bumper and lots of rustys stuff

• I have a 1 inch body lift and getting ready to get rid of it and goto a 4" suspension lift because every time I turn feels like the body is trying to catch my frame.... Hate to see what a 3" body lift would do.... My god.... You'll probably flip the thing. Honestly the should make anything over 1.5" illegal.

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• Who cares if his friend wants a 3 inch BL? it's not YOUR jeep, no reason to bash him it's not a big deal.

Just having a bit of fun, but in all seriousness, 3" body lifts are not street legal in DE. Besides the bad looks, they put high stress on the frame mounts and body, that can lead to failure. I have also heard that in even a small accident, the body can shift and bend stuff up. You can see the general feeling is they are a bad idea all around. With humor , we educate. Whats better is if he joins the forum, and asks questions.. No one will bash him personally.

Steve

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!