Trail report - Nov 30 13 - Member Appreciation Ride

• The group on mostly 40's srarted out on the west side and went down crawl dad to start. Then we made it over to 13 and otters. Somewhere on 13 behind me elff broke an axle shaft and fixed it on the trail as we ate lunch. After otters we made a left to death trap. It was a new trail and not as hard as the name. Next we did a high speed run around to 19 and ran the red loop. Half way up luke's stearing ram decided to leave the axle. It had to be the WORST weld i had ever seen :). Don came up with a good fix and a few minutes later we had it bolted down. Came back accross to cemetary as luke went back to the trailer. After recovering elff and chris we decided to bail them out early and headed back to the comp area for a little more fun and food. It was a cold day but not terible even without heat.

Thanks to billy for running out for the food and jeff for getting the door prices.

Aaron

• Here's my pic of the day. Wayne came on the CB and said he needed some help, he was stuck between 2 trees.

I assumed there was a tree on either SIDE. Not the case...

He ended up winching his front end sideways to get out.

• Only Wayne!!! When he said "hold up I'm stuck between two trees" we were just cruising along Trail 2 and Geoff and I were pretty far ahead so after the, Where on this trail and How the hell discussion, we just waited. Until now I didn't, but the pic sums it up :doh: Thanks to the club and the BOD for another "cool" member appreciation ride!

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• I'll throw a short trail report in here now. We had a pretty big group, 9, if I'm not forgetting anyone. We left the comp area after the photo shoot and took the shortcut to C. We ran the CV trail and then took the section of Trail 5, after then Hill Climb, to B. We ran B to the Pole Line and there picked up Trail 2. We exited 2 onto B again and picked up Trail 4 to Yellow Jacket. Yellow Jacket was so slippery and icy none of the normal lines would work. A few in the group gave it a try but either took to the winch cable or bailed out. We finished off Trail 4 and then ran Trail 8. We took a bunch of different lines while in the Rock Garden which also brought out the winch cables. Trail O was next and the Black loop claimed a front tire on Geoff's Jeep, which couldn't have happened in a much worse place, and the steering box on Freddie's (hawgwild) JK broke free from the frame. Geoff's tire got changed, Freddy wired and strapped the steering box back on and we headed back. With the help of the RC welder a temporary repair was made to the JK for the trip home, which was successful. "Ice Ice Baby"!

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• Short video of Wayne winching out of the trees.

Nothing major, but a little :laughing: at the end.

[youtube]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/youtube]

• ok, a little less excitement with the Green/Blue group... :)

We started off with 2 JKs (me, and I didn't get a forum name?) and 2 TJs (joelovette and daughters+friend) and one LJ (TNGent+lovmikidz) but picked up BFrank with his TJ later in the day. We did my usual warm-up route of B to 1a, considered doing one of the quick blue loops attached to 1a but saw another group struggling on the ice. Took the Pole Line up to B and took that over to 2. We all made it over the hill climb before the Frog Hole, then switched over to 1b back to the Pole Line where the yellow TJ with Joe got stuck in the 5ft mud hole. I decided to give the winch its first pull on my JK but he was in too big of a rut and I just slid across the ice. After a few attempts, I just turned around and gave a good yank with a strap and he came out fairly easily.

From there, we took D out to E to B to the TFT Trail, it's cool that they've kept up the sponsor signs from both events. Now, it's back up E to the closed gate and took the shortcut over to the Power Line and we stopped for lunch at the little play area right where the map says "Power Line". After lunch we discovered a leak in the brake booster/master cylinder of the yellow TJ. I donated my bottle of brake fluid to the cause and joelovette lead him back to the parking lot. BFrank met us on the Power Line and from there I planned to take the group to do 14 and some of the 12 trails, but got a call from Joe saying the TJ was stuck back at the 5ft hole again. We made it back to the tower when somebody was able to free him. So, with BFrank still leading, back to D, then ran the rest of the 2 trail to Crawlers Ridge, back onto D to pick up 1b back to B, did the hill climb on the Pole Line, through the picnic area to B to A and down to Lower 3. Here I got a little ambitous and tried one of the hill climbs. Did pretty well until left rear flare got ripped off and wrapped under the tire. That caused a loss of traction and got me stuck until I could rock the tire enough to rip off the flare and liner completely. Doh. The rest of the group wisely decided not to run the hillclimbs so I looped around and caught up behind them... finished up Lower 3 and arrived back at the parking lot around 2:30.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• The group on mostly 40's srarted out on the west side and went down crawl dad to start. Then we made it over to 13 and otters. Somewhere on 13 behind me elff broke an axle shaft and fixed it on the trail as we ate lunch. After otters we made a left to death trap. It was a new trail and not as hard as the name. Next we did a high speed run around to 19 and ran the red loop. Half way up luke's stearing ram decided to leave the axle. It had to be the WORST weld i had ever seen :). Don came up with a good fix and a few minutes later we had it bolted down. Came back accross to cemetary as luke went back to the trailer. After recovering elff and chris we decided to bail them out early and headed back to the comp area for a little more fun and food. It was a cold day but not terible even without heat.

Thanks to billy for running out for the food and jeff for getting the door prices.

Aaron

Its kinda funny being on 37s and being the little guy.
    But then again, Im always the little guy
    :D

As cold as the day started, it ended up being very bearable.
    That high speed run was a blast.

Loads of fun.
    Thanks for letting me join you guys.

• [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Our day started with the Billy/Aaron group and about 10 min down Poll Line I went too far to the right trying to avoid the mud pit. I ended up in the deepest part of it and was stuck hardcore. Chris Hall came back down and yanked us out. I was up front at this point and we were heading down some crazy trail. We caught back up with the group and made our way down 13A stopping at Otter's. Aaron and Don tried to talk me into going down Otter's but without a trailer I was hesitant. I get back to the Jeep and told Kelly we're going to do it and she says hell to the no go this way. LOL! So we went up 13B with the intention of looping around and catching back up with the group and that didn't work out so well. We went down 11 to H then crossed over to Power Line. We ended up going right but should have gone left. Ran into the Park Staff and he was none to interested in us being out there alone. Neither was I so we joined them and headed up the other way. It was SLICK as snot. We picked up Jerry and his group and made our way through as he described. [/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]It was a great maiden voyage! The Jeep did just fine on the way home held 75mph w/o issue.
    [/font]
    We threw together this video. Our first time using the GoPro was cool but we got some new ideas for next time.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/jm6ELrQumQw&vq=hd1080[/youtube]
    Much better in HD http://www.youtube.com/v/jm6ELrQumQw&vq=hd1080

• Trail O was next and the Black loop claimed a front tire on Geoff's Jeep

I'm temporarily suspending you from Asst. Trail Boss duties for picking that trail, 30 day suspension without pay. Never mind that we don't have any trail rides in December and the job isn't paid. :)

Thanks to all who came it, considering the number of Jeeps we had I think it went pretty smooth. I also want to thank all of the non-members who came out...hopefully you had a good day and were able to get an idea of the fun that DEJA has.

Can everyone either post or PM me pics of the group shot in the morning? I have a couple on my phone I haven't looked at yet but there were a few people with real cameras. The DEJA facebook cover photo is due for an update.

• Can everyone either post or PM me pics of the group shot in the morning? I have a couple on my phone I haven't looked at yet but there were a few people with real cameras. The DEJA facebook cover photo is due for an update.

This is the best one we have.
    [img width=1200 height=803]http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=43992[/img]

Pano: [img width=1200 height=420]http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=43996[/img]

• My group had 8 Jeeps to start with I had Andy, Neil, Tim S, Tim D w/ Glenn in shotgun, a new guy we picked up in the lot that morning, Bert in a nice CJ8 and Jay. We started out over on the other property on N1 and headed down to N2 cut across x2 to x1 ran that out to n4 to the black top road then did gate keeper going up and went down T to 40 across black top to T2. Made a left on 32 and headed towards X3. Well here all the fun started Bert's CJ decided to eat the winch power wires not good his gas tank was leaking fuel out the cap like the Exxon Valdez. Got him back down the trail fixed his wiring problem and he aired down to 15 psi from 25. Continued up 32 were we ended up winching Bert up the last rock out crouping ( steep stair steeps). Ran X4 to N2 then down to T and played around on the tip top trails. Had lunch on X3 heading towards Area 51. Hit a few trails in area 51 then ran K up to 39. On trail 39 we had a steep down hill slide that was scary looking from the top but was a blast coming down no control full out slide ride. Finished 39 and headed over to the other side. Ran B shortcut to 1a did the blue loop over the hills and then headed out on D to trail 2 on trail 2 Andy lost a valve stem to a rock after a quick tire change we were on our way. Finished out on D and pole line to C then back to the lot. Only minor trail damage Andys tire, Berts wiring and I finaly finished breaking my license plate holder. We had a great day and a big Thanks to all who came out.

• My daughter and I had a great time. We didn't do any overly hard trails in the red group but the ice really made it interesting. Using a lot of skinny pedal and getting close to the rev limiter to climb cemetery made me feel like I was a rock bouncer in Kentucky. Very fun. Accidentally jumping my Jeep while drafting Matt was cool too. :)

I didn't get many pics from my phone but here are a couple.

As Aaron said, Death Trap was a little disappointing and should probably be a black:

Here is Elff before the u-joint failure. (EDIT: Never mind. This is from the exit of Otters and not where he broke.)

Thanks everyone for coming out. It was mentioned that we should do the club run when it's warmer but this ride has consistently been the largest for some reason so doing the free ride in November benefited the most people. We'll see what next year brings and we can discuss moving it back to October or earlier. :up:

• Thanks everyone for coming out. It was mentioned that we should do the club run when it's warmer but this ride has consistently been the largest for some reason so doing the free ride in November benefited the most people. We'll see what next year brings and we can discuss moving it back to October or earlier. :up:

I see pluses and minuses to both ways. I'm open to suggestions from the group so feel free to PM me any thoughts soon since I'm going to start working on the 2014 calendar.

Everyone please post your pics and/or send them to NandosJK. Especially the ones of me damn near flopping on Yellow Jacket. :)

• Death trap use to have water running through it and a lot of loose rock on the left where Matt is. It was pretty nasty when I went through it right after hey cleared it. Doesn't look bad at all in your picture though.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!