Sway bar disconnects

• Any input on adding front sway bar quick disconnects? I really like them and I know it would be advantageous to have them when on the trails. Dont plan on wheeling over anything monstrous, I think it's one of those things I want to add that I would rather have, than not have. From what I can see there is about a $100 difference between cheap and not cheap.

If you're afraid of struggle, then you're afraid of growth. You have to go through it to get to it. Let it build you, not break you.

• I removed my way bar years ago. The lifted leaf springs tend to be stiff enough for the road

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I removed my way bar years ago. The lifted leaf springs tend to be stiff enough for the road

Very true. But, he's got a TJ with coil springs. :)

Teraflex are pretty good, the design is simple and doesn't squeak like a lot of the others. They're not adjustable, but that's not really a big deal. http://www.quadratec.com/products/16191_60X_B_PG.htm

Some of the others are stronger, but you only need the strength when you don't disconnect on a trail that you really should have.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• i have put jks discos on many tjs. seam like a solid design.

I used to have JKS as well. They were well made. :tup:

Very true. But, he's got a TJ with coil springs. :)

I was thinking the same thing. Running a coiled TJ on the road completely disconnected can be scary.

Still have to argue the point, if you get in an emergency situation, with no sway bar, even stiff springs will allow body roll, and increasing the risk of a roll over. I can tell when I dont have mine connected with 4" RE leaves.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• You get used to it. There isn't much body rolling going on.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Don't know... Maybe it's my turn. If they are still available and I get them, the buck stops here!!! lol

If you're afraid of struggle, then you're afraid of growth. You have to go through it to get to it. Let it build you, not break you.

• good choice on the JKS disco's

05 unlimited rubicon teraflex long arm kit poison spyder rocker guards 35" pro comp extreme mud terrains

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!