JK-8

• I see a Sport in their inventory with a list price $20K over sticker, that must be it. no photos, though... the new inventory system is based off the VIN and shows the info from the factory. http://carmandodge.com/new/jee…ted-sport-2012-10242.html MSRP: $50,685. original sticker: $30,690.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I stopped by on my way to NJ today. It looks pretty nice but I'm surprised they used a sport and not a Rubicon. I snapped a couple pics with my phone to share. Good luck selling a $50,000 jeep carman...

• haha "CJ-8 Scrambler". it's the JK-8...

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• OMG! Someone should go up and razz the sales man. Tell them that no CJ is ever worth $50K. Offer them $10K since that's as much as a CJ will ever bring around here. When they scoff at you tell them to look up the blue book value for a CJ8.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I already told them it is a joke with that on the window. I am sitting here now and hear them on the phone trying to buy a CJ 8 Scrambler emblem to put on it.

I too, am with stupid<br />87XJ&nbsp;(gone), 97 ZJ W 31&quot; MT&#039;s (gone), 04 TJ W 3&quot; procomp springs/ 33&quot; BFG&nbsp; MT&#039;S (gone)<br />87 YJ- SOA - 39.5 Swampers-111&quot; wheel base, 4 link front, Atlas, 14 bolt, Dana 60 and stuff

• OMG! Someone should go up and razz the sales man. Tell them that no CJ is ever worth $50K.

Ah man, I wasted my money rebuilding mine.
    Maybe later this week I'll drive mine over (or Deadfeat could drive over) to show them a Scrambler.

• I am sitting here now and hear them on the phone trying to buy a CJ 8 Scrambler emblem to put on it.

You're kidding! That's false advertisement.

Also, how can they justify $30,000 worth of parts and labor?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• actually, they're asking 20 grand... the JK-8 kit is $5500 from Quadratec. so that leaves $14,500. it has new wheels and tires... so, drop down to $11,500. who knows which lift it has, so lets say $1000 for that. down to $10,500... how much is a Linex job? after that... still need to install and paint the JK-8 conversion. Quadratec says 35 hours including paint time. 3500 there. so, maybe $7000 profit before the haggling starts.

Jerry / Whatevah

• It's a Teraflex kit. I didn't crawl under there so I don't know how involved it was.

actually, they're asking 20 grand... the JK-8 kit is $5500 from Quadratec. so that leaves $14,500. it has new wheels and tires... so, drop down to $11,500. who knows which lift it has, so lets say $1000 for that. down to $10,500... how much is a Linex job? after that... still need to install and paint the JK-8 conversion. Quadratec says 35 hours including paint time. 3500 there. so, maybe $7000 profit before the haggling starts.

I too, am with stupid<br />87XJ&nbsp;(gone), 97 ZJ W 31&quot; MT&#039;s (gone), 04 TJ W 3&quot; procomp springs/ 33&quot; BFG&nbsp; MT&#039;S (gone)<br />87 YJ- SOA - 39.5 Swampers-111&quot; wheel base, 4 link front, Atlas, 14 bolt, Dana 60 and stuff

• That’s kind of the “asking” price for the JK-8 at Adams Jeep. They had one on the lot Saturday. I think they have put together 2 or 3 now. I drove the first one. I love the look. They used a BDS suspension kit which seemed like the spring rates where not the best match for the weight changes. I noticed that the new build had the new Fox shocks on it. I put my jacket in the storage area behind the seats while driving it, but had a hard time getting to it after I got out, the seats don’t fold forward. I kit also included a segment of new roll bar, but the sound bar would not work with the new roll bar. I’m not sure if that has been worked out.

• I saw it siting out in front of their lot yesterday on my way to work. Can't say that it would justify $50k in my book though. Now if I ever have the chance to own a JK I would do this in a heartbeat (pending my winning the lottery) /0/]http://www.aev-conversions.com/?option=com_content&id=54#!prettyPhoto[gallery0fd3cc476a]/0/ . Not sure if I like the 1st brute conversion or this double cab version more. I'll just have to get one of both and let the wifey drive the double cab with the kids! :suspicious:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• local dealer has 2, they built both. the magazines are filled with press from Jeep, offering the package.

You said a bad word without censoring yourself. :laughing:

Hmmm...I think I just figured out the elusive step #2

1. DEJA buys a JK and JK-8 kit (on Knox's credit ;))
    2. Wrench party
    3. Profit!

If some sucker buys that for $50,000. Count me in.

Geez for that much money you can buy a serious pickup truck. :down:

I bought a 2011 Ram with Cummins and a few options for $41,000. These Jeep pick-up things make no sense to me but that's just my opinion.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!