Jeep TV Show Tonight

• What's Jessi doing now? Haven't seen her for a few years.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Bill Wu is a self-proclaimed super driver. He and
    his brother cut their teeth on the final season of
    Bullrun in a Lamborghini. In his defense he played
    that "game" well, but I personally can't stand the
    man - he's a perfect reality-tv star = a train
    wreck waiting to happen. Unfortunately there
    really is no way to run a senerio like this unscripted
    with a crew. One or two days stranded (which
    would be acceptable to any jeeper in the world)
    could break the budget of a no-money show.

My problem (persay) is that this survivalist bad-ass
    is putting up with Bills crap. Lets face it, in real life
    if he "accidently" drove into a marsh rambo would
    have thrown his sorry ass out into the water to
    look for crossings.

Not my programing of choice, but I am really, REALLY,
    stoked that there are so many new car shows coming
    out all of a sudden. Nice to have something on tivo
    late at night when I get in...

• no don't give up on it yet, they just got the highlift out, we should watch "what not to do" with a highlift....lol.....

• Hopefully the show will last for second season and go through a format change. A huge boost would be a competition between two-(wo)man teams. And no more reality TV schmucks...just real Jeepers.

• I like the log ski idea. I was wondering why they didn't take a branch and ratchet strap it to the outside of the tire to keep it pulled into the axle.

I thought it was good that they used a Jeep with a Dana 35 axle to show the common weak point on the Jeep. I was expecting a C-clip break though, not the axle shaft. I was surprised the knotted rope idea worked.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I like the log ski idea. I was wondering why they didn't take a branch and ratchet strap it to the outside of the tire to keep it pulled into the axle.

I thought it was good that they used a Jeep with a Dana 35 axle to show the common weak point on the Jeep. I was expecting a C-clip break though, not the axle shaft. I was surprised the knotted rope idea worked.

I too was wondering why they didn't do something to keep the wheel in earlier? The log idea I've seen done at RC before. I can't remember who it was but I think Randy was with us. Someone broke both axles on a trail that we couldn't get back to with a trailer. I think the guy's name was Greg and it was a teal YJ. Can't remember his name exactly.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• If you can stand it, and you are on Commiecast, you can watch "extra" footage On Demand.

So far, I haven't been able to watch anymore. Even the wife says, "Bill is such a tool"

• Just watched the last episode, I don't think he broke the axle... Pretty hard to do on snow. I'd guess that it landed a bit too hard when the helicopter delivered it.

Anybody else notice that the interior engine sounds were not from an inline-4? lol sounded more like from a 6.5L diesel (HMMWV motor).

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!