What have you done to your Jeep today?

• Looks great!!!

• Looks great, looking to do a similar (not green) home grown paint job on the Scrambler this summer, where did you buy your paint and primer? What steps did you do?

I got the paint at Kayfeild (think that's the place) on Ruthar Drive. They were very helpful and hooked me up with everything once I explained what I was doing.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I got the paint at Kayfeild (think that's the place) on Ruthar Drive. They were very helpful and hooked me up with everything once I explained what I was doing.

They are pretty good but pricey, I think I will take the drive to Eastwood in Pottstown. http://www.eastwood.com Figure a gallon of primer and a paint.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I heard the Napa in Claymont will mix paint to the color you need.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I used the napa paint store on ridge road for the pete. They even came out to the house for the color match. I dont know if it was expensive but, sometimes the service is worth paying for. Paint is very expensive now and there r about 20 different kinds available. U really need a good salesman to get u the correct product.

• John it looks great with the black rollbar. I think the cage green would have been too distracting. Now you just need to buff out those rims!!

Don

• The rims are beyond buffing. I was working on them the other day. Way too rusted. I might look into Duplicolor Black Chrome paint.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• The guy at the paint place did that to his rims and didn't recommend it. He said the color fades quickly.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Try plastidip john, if it doesn't work you can peel it off

I have plasti dip on my wheels on my car and it has held up GREAT! I do not know how well it would hold up on a jeep that is going to get muddy and scratched up on rocks and such. I have been plasti dipping my dash in phases since it gets more wear and tear than a normal car it is not holding up as well.

• Added AEV 3.5" lift with Billi shocks, 5.13 gears, 36" BFG KM2's on 18" Black KMC wheels. All in one weekend thanks to Astape. Highly recommended. Drives amazing.

If you work at the hospital, you park right behind my office. Looks great!

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!