Tugboat Pulls Another Boat In Distress To Shore

• This came in via the DeJA feedback email:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NAME: Paul B
    EMAIL: none@ noemail.none
    I am sending this note from the librey and it wont let me sign in because i do not have a email. At 73 i dont need a computer.

I need you to thank what I think is one of your members for saving my grandsons life. Last sunday in the snow a man with a green jeep with a motor and a rope hooked to it on the front of his jeep pulled my grandson in his surban out of a swiming pool. He lost control on rt 92 and crashed throw a fence and landed in the pool and was traped inside. This man stoped and put a hook on his truck and pulled him out so he could get out of the surban. He then told my grandson that he would pull it all the way out but only after he called the policeand reported this. My grangson told me that if he could have just driven away he would have.
    He said the this man was a big man with a black cawboy hat and black coat and beard and he saw somthing on the jeep that said delaware jeep on it. then today i saw a black jeep with this website on it.

Not only did he save my grandsons life he taught him a life lesson that by doing the right thing he did not get in trobble and that stuff happens in life that you can not run away from. He now has to deal with insurence but that is nothing like dealing with the police for leaving the sean of a aciendent.
    This man also would not take aney money after my grandson offered him every thing he had on him which is all the money he has in the world. He now knows that being a punk with every one is not the way to be. Some people are just nice and dont want a thing.

He owes his life to this man and our famley is forever in his dight.

So tell him thank you.

Paul B

• Way to go Tug. You always seem to be in the right place at the right time. :up:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Wow. Can we get a play by play and some pics,Tug? Seriously, I know you're not looking to brag about it, but I'd like to hear what happened from someone who was there.

• Well, he has the right screen name since he "TUGS" everyone out of trouble! You rock dude!

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• WOW!!! Good job...you give a new meaning to good samaritan!!

1990 YJ, 4" Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• Way to go tug. This is great. I just sent a link to the new journal. This is the kinda stuff we need to see in the news. :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: to tug

• I don't know..... I am starting to think that since Tug is always in the right place at the right time he may be causing these accidents :). Isn't there a psych term for this???? :)

Aaron

• I don't know..... I am starting to think that since Tug is always in the right place at the right time he may be causing these accidents :). Isn't there a psych term for this???? :)

Aaron

He's an enabler...

• I did rescue a work van yesterday. It pulled over off the side of the road to look at a map and obviously sunk up to the axles. Quick tug with my truck and it was out. On the way home I saw another guy in an Expedition who tried to U turn in the center median of Route 1 in Pa and obviously hadn't thought about the 2+ inches of rain we had last night. I pulled over to help but as soon as I pulled over a LARGE Penndot truck showed up, so I continued on my way.

Some people don't think.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• I tried helping a kid in his dads Explorer on Creek Rd last night... sadly, he didn't have anything resembling a tow point on the front end, so the tow chain a guy was using pulled right through the plastic junk, and I wasn't about to wade through the cold water and get under the SUV to attach something to the frame. the kid tried driving through 3 or so feet of water and got water in the engine. at 5pm. still there at 6:30 when I drove through, and hadn't called home yet. after tearing the bumper up, they gave up and the guy with the chains took him to warm up at his house 100yards down the road while he waited for his angry parents.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• thats awesome tug :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: and then to get that email is even better. Good to see people to do such a thing and then people that realize what you have done

• It wasn't that much. I pulled out of were I live and made a left on Naamans road. When I turned I saw a white Chevy sticking out of the fence. When I got up a little farther i saw that that it was a accident that had just happened. I made a quick uturn and puled over to help. The Chevy Suburban was siting on the edge of the pool with his back wheels on the ice. The way the fence had broken he could not open his door but he was in no danger. I hooked up the winch and pulled him forward so that he could open the door and get out. that is when I told the kid to call the police. After the police arrived I pulled the truck all the way out. He made the police report and drove home.

He might have stopped at the store to buy a new pair of shorts. :laughing:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!