What have you done to your Jeep today?

• Broke 4 snap-on torx bits trying to get the stinking roll bar out. :censored:

I've found a few hits to the socket with a hammer helps and my 3/8 Snap On impact gun. I did not break any of the roll bar mounts on my '92 YJ but 2 of the rear seat bolts broke.

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

• Replaced the stock taillights with LEDs yesterday. I wouldn't had thought that splicing 3 wires would be so frustrating. :bang: Finally got em working right tho and now I would suggest wearing sunglasses (even at night) should you be driving behind me. 8)

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• please do

:laughabove:

Pat, be sure to bring caps for your steering box and some extra fluid in case you catch the cylinder on a rock. That way you can keep wheeling. :up:
    How does it feel with the ram on? You will appreciate the extra power on the rocks down there.

• replaced the license plate bulb, under dash "courtesy" bulbs and the shifter bezel bulbs. Oh, and wiped down the center console with detailing wipes. How's that for hard core mods? :innocent:

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• When did you put your center console back in ?

85 cj7 4" suspension 1" body lift on 33X13.50 swampers , Ford 9" / arb , t18 trans , dana 300 t case , and a efi 5.0 from a 93 gt . ( soon to have dana 44 and arb in the front )

• haha last night. Didn't really have anything better to do.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Ripped into the frontend...now sitting w/ bare kingpins. Pressed out the bad stud on each side so it'll once again have 8 lugs in the front. Pondered pulling the carrier to start on the axle seals but decided the trailer needed more attention as it needs to be retagged by the 30th.

Added brakes to the second axle on it which should be nice when trying to bring things to a halt. Got lucky and found a set of the Dexter star 4x9.4 drums on eBay...otherwise Dexter wanted 180+shipping per side for NOS ones left on a shelf in their IN plant. Just gotta replace some of the fender bolts and move the tag and shell be ready for another couple seasons of hauling my junk.

--Ian

• Finally started pulling the rear axle and t-case out. I want to stretch it eventually and should be doing that now but it can wait until next year.
    Can't wait to get this thing back on the trails.

• Ok... here's a brief history/rundown of work done to the Jeep since I bought it in June. Ok, not all of it was done today but it's recent.
    Day I bought it. Definitely needs some mods

Austin (just turned 3yrs old) like's daddy's "big tires" though he could have been referring to "my" spare tire... :o

2months later out of the shop due to being in an accident 2 days after I bought it :(

New Smittybilt bumper and Zenon flat flares among some other stuff thanks to bonehead who caused accident :mrgreen:
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i1226.photobucket.com/a…tryboy816/0821001029a.jpg[/img]
    Lots of lil rusty holes from old ugly flares. We'll call em extra drains ::)

Upgraded mirrors (CJ classics), installed black billet grill inserts, painted headlight bezels black. Yes this pic is from the canal, yes this is Reedy Point, yes I was tempted to do some Jeepin in the sand pit, yes I resisted that temptation and we fished off of the jetty instead, and no I was not a DEJA member yet... just sayin! :doh:

Sanded and primed(x3) all rust spots (last weekend) from removal of old flares. Haven't worked up the grit to Bondo them holes since I've never used it before. Did take off the original flare piece left on by the shop and removed the steps or should I say added 4 more drain holes ::)
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i1226.photobucket.com/a…tryboy816/0928001844a.jpg[/img]

[img width=800 height=600]http://i1226.photobucket.com/a…tryboy816/0928001845b.jpg[/img]
    Replaced batery cable connections and installed new battery tie down

Will keep posting mod pics as I get more into making her my own. Don't be surprised if ya'll see a set of steer horns mounted to that hood one day. :mrgreen: Just sayin...

• drove my yj to work for the first time in about 5 months fired it up yesterday 4.0 swap finished with fuel injection, nv3550,dana 300 twin sticked. next swap to be done is put my 1tons in and will be ready to roll

• Added a little crisper sound to the beast... :laughing:

1 of 2 12" Pioneer subs I took out of a dual BandPass box. Figured one sub will be enough (maybe) ;)

1000 watt Sony amp. I eventually want to hook all the speakers up but just the sub is run for now. This was the only place I could figure to mount it to keep it off the floor and outta the way. Yes that is two 1x2's mounted to the back of the passenger seat that the amp is attached to. Pretty easy mount but the wiring was soooooo long. I will shorten it later. Nice thing is that once you pull the seat cover back over you don't even see this mess. ;D

• Towed it. :doh:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!