Passing of a Friend

• ;( I have been running a post in the Members only section for about a month. One of our club members Percy (EMS3420,and then Forestry 17) was in the hospitial for the last month after suffering a majior heart attack. Today at noon Percy passed away after a month long fight trying to recover from the heart attack. There will be a veiwing on Thursday night and services on Friday. Details will follow on Wed. The family has asked for a lot of Jeeps to be there. This prosession will be rather large with emergency vehicals and hopefully Jeeps.

• Never met the guy, but part of both brotherhood firefighter and jeeps. May he RIP. Thoughts and prayers tl those.that knew him and his family...

84 Cj 7 AMC 150, 4.5" BDS Lift, Twin Stick, BF Goodrich 35s...

98 Grand Limited (Wife's)
    ~Always interested in trades~

• OMG... I'm kinda at a loss for words. Percy was an awesome guy. I've been gone awhile since my jeep's been broken and didn't know he was in bad shape. I have quite a few pictures of him from our RC runs we made together if you need them.

Quick dana 35 test: kick one of the rear tires. If the axle breaks, it&#039;s a 35<br />01 TJ Sahara<br />TJ- 4.0 5spd, 8.8, RE 4.5&quot; lift, RC X-Flex Arms, 1&quot; BL w/ MM Lift, Clayton/JKS Trackbars, 33&#039;s, Rusty&#039;s Rock Bumpers, XRC Sliders, PIAA&#039;s, Delta H4 Conv, CB, Skids<br />Future Mods: Going back to 3&quot; springs with Johnny Joints on all the arms.

• I'm working night shift Friday but will be there if its early enough. Jeep with emergency lights...

I never know what to say in times like this, but his passing leaves a lot of people affected both in the public safety field and also in the Jeep community, he will be missed. :(

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• My prayers for him and his family.

Just give the word if the association is doing any thing for the family, I'm away but I can at least contribute via PayPal towards it.

2013 Jeep Wrangler 4 Door (JKU)*SOLD*
    2020 Jeep Gladiator JT
    DE tag : OIF 118
    Honk if you see me!

• I'm sorry to hear this. My condolences to his family.
    My family and I would stop by Glen and Percy's camp in York and listen to his stories and share a cold drink. We will miss him.

• Just give the word if the association is doing any thing for the family, I'm away but I can at least contribute via PayPal towards it.

DEJA is going to give the appropriate gift whether it be flowers for the family or a donation to his firehouse in his memory. I'll get the preference from Keith or Leon Trumbower.
    We appreciate the offer but the club can handle it without additional member contributions. :up:

Percy was a great member and friend to DEJA who had passion for everything he did. His selfless devotion to helping others was evident in his involvement in water rescue and firefighting or even if you needed a hand with your Jeep. I'll miss him dearly. ;(

• Please keep us posted on the times and all. We need to make a good showing. Super-nice guy. Shirt off-his-own-back person. He will be missed. Prayers for the family.

• I had the honor of spending one day with Percy. He made me laugh harder than I have laughed in a very long time. He shared with me great conversation. He, in that one day, made me feel more important than I have felt in a very long time. Percy talked me into going on the course with him, something I had never done before. His love of being in his Jeep on the course came through and in that short amount of time he taught me to love the experience just as much as he did. Good bye my dear friend for that one day. May you forever rest in peace and I pray you know the impact you had on me in that one day.

I am keeping everyone in my prayers.

Aimee

• Ok here are the details for Percy's service.

Wilde Funeral Home
    434 Main St
    Parkesburg Pa. 19365

Thursday April 25, 2013
    6:00 Pm till 8:00 PM Viewing

Friday April 26, 2013
    9:30 AM till 11:00AM Viewing
    11:00 AM till? Service at Funeral Home
    Funeral procession to cemetery and grave side service.
    Food and fellowship will follow at Wagontown Fire Company.

• I never had the pleasure of meeting Percy, but from all of your responses he sounds like a real stand up kind of guy, thoughts and prayers to his family. Like I said we never met but i would like to come out friday to show respect to a fellow jeeper.

• Heres the Obituary from The Daily Local News.http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dailylocal/obituary.aspx?n=percy-c-trumbower-rusty&pid=164417669#fbLoggedOut

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

• I never had the pleasure of meeting Percy

I'm really bad with names and faces, but I think I recall meeting Percy at the JfJ Christmas Event this year.

Either way, it's always a real shame to see someone's life lost at such a young age. My prayers are with his friends and loved ones that they can find some peace during this tough time.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!