El Dorado Rear Discs!

• Cue up the circus music.... I have no luck with these. Currently i have the el-dorado calipers with cable e-brake. I am considering going with a caliper that has no e-brake. I was told that a 78-83 Front Caliper from a monte carlo will bolt right up and has no e-brake. So the big question is.....does dmv check your e-brake when you go thru the lanes??

• They've never checked mine.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• U could always do a line lock for an ebrake. Technically they can fail u for no ebrake and Bluej was the only person that i know of that has even been checked.

• I did get a jeep Ed!!! :spinrhead: Picked up an 84 CJ7 with D44's, 383, th350, np205, and a glass tub. I am pretty psyched. There currently is no e-brake or cables on the jeep. It appears that the previous owner placed the calipers on the wrong sides (both bleeder valves are on the bottom). There is probably a 1/2 inch of play between the pads and the rotors. I have spent a few hours researching what the issue could be and it seems that it may just be a lost cause. I have tried to adjust them every which way from Sunday and i am having no luck. It seems that the pistons may be seized on both of them. So if i can get away with no e-brake, the calipers will be about a third of the price and then I don't have to run the cables....and I get to stay from the old Hell Dorado calipers which seem to be causing most folks a lot of grief. Any input is appreciated.

• I'm running those with e-brake and they are working pretty good. The initial adjustment is important, and it is kind of weird. I downloaded the instructions for the process and have a printed copy in my file somewhere. I also have some extra calipers and small parts. I'll look for the instructions.

• Try this process. The parking brake, iirc, is like a one way ratchet in the piston. I think I had to unbolt the lever and spin the flat sided bolt with vise grips in the direction that it ratchets until it was in the right starting location.
    I bought a universal cable kit and ran the two cables to a t-bar setup that I made. I used a 90s corvette parking brake lever and I've never had better parking brakes!

• I did get a jeep Ed!!! :spinrhead: Picked up an 84 CJ7 with D44's, 383, th350, np205, and a glass tub. I am pretty psyched. There currently is no e-brake or cables on the jeep. It appears that the previous owner placed the calipers on the wrong sides (both bleeder valves are on the bottom). There is probably a 1/2 inch of play between the pads and the rotors. I have spent a few hours researching what the issue could be and it seems that it may just be a lost cause. I have tried to adjust them every which way from Sunday and i am having no luck. It seems that the pistons may be seized on both of them. So if i can get away with no e-brake, the calipers will be about a third of the price and then I don't have to run the cables....and I get to stay from the old Hell Dorado calipers which seem to be causing most folks a lot of grief. Any input is appreciated.

:up: I knew you'd be back! :mrgreen:

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• Fwiw, motor vehicles asked if I had an e-brake. I pulled the lever and put them on. They really didn't check to see if it worked or not. :shrug:

that may have been because of the age of your vehicle. A friend of mine had once been hassled because he only had one tail light and no blinkers. He had to argue that in 1946 that was how it was made.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!