( Cancelled ) Wilmington, St Patty's Day Parade 3/17 12:00

• It is up to the BOD who will tow the RTI Ramp. We would not be able to use it only tow it. If we did something we have only 2 minutes at the reviewing stand to do it.

:hmm:
    We could maybe have one Jeep with full with axles stop and one jeep on each side drive up on their tires. We would do this only once at the reviewing stand. and have the outher drivers keep people away. If this is going to happen I think that the jeeps that will do it should practice it first. And I want to see it done 2 or 3 times in our staging are that morning. We would have to do and undo it in less then 1.5 minits.

I will check with the parade committee to see if they will allow us to do it.

• It is up to the BOD who will tow the RTI Ramp. We would not be able to use it only tow it.

I think they used towed it in the Dover parade last year.

:hmm:
    We could maybe have one Jeep with full with axles stop and one jeep on each side drive up on their tires. We would do this only once at the reviewing stand. and have the outher drivers keep people away. If this is going to happen I think that the jeeps that will do it should practice it first. And I want to see it done 2 or 3 times in our staging are that morning. We would have to do and undo it in less then 1.5 minits.

We'd have to do the parade route aired down which IS DOABLE but is it safe? I like the idea though.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Edited once, last by Slimer ().

• I'd be willing to be a climber since I'm locked front and rear, but I'm not sure if anyone running full widths will be there.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• I'll leave it to Jerry to dig up a photo, but you guys can ride up on my tires like we did at the JFJ toy collection.

• We did tire stances in last years St.P parade in Dover and the 4th of July Parade in Dover. We probably did it about 6 or 7 times through out the parade. It takes about 30 seconds to get up pose for a second for the crowd and plop back down. I was going up onto TheYell01's jeep who has 33's on regular axles and 4" BS wheels like most others. Very easy once you have done it a few times.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• I am in for this one .

85 cj7 4&quot; suspension 1&quot; body lift on 33X13.50 swampers , Ford 9&quot; / arb , t18 trans , dana 300 t case , and a efi 5.0 from a 93 gt . ( soon to have dana 44 and arb in the front )

• man you all have these huge jeeps..im going to look like a lil baby! What kind of decorating do you guys do? Even if its cold well you put your tops down?

Also just and idea...I dont know what your guys RTI looks like but could you put it on a trailer and have someone flexing on it while you pull them??

• the RTI ramp probably isn't a good idea to demonstrate on... it's a pain to pull the wheels off of it and put them back on. I don't think anybody has a trailer wide enough to fit the ramp plus a TJ, and the TJ would probably roll off it if we made any turns. :rollsmile:

the ramp has a big club logo on it, so it's a nice advertisement piece by itself.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Edited once, last by whatevah ().

• we had this same idea last year and the only way it would really work is if you ratched strap everything down. Someone would have to stay in the Jeep in order to keep it safe if it were to roll backwards.

The wheels are much easier to take off and put on since Tony put the jacks on it.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• I just talked to Aron and there is a chance that he will strap the RTI ramp on his larger trailer. Then we will flex his Jeep on the RTI ramp and strap it down. Then he will tow the whole thing in the parade.

• Saharicn said:

man you all have these huge jeeps..im going to look like a lil baby!

:driving: There will be stock jeep in the parade. It is important that people see that you can be a member of DeJA with a stock Jeep. :driving:

:up: Remember that we were all stock at one time. :up:

• Saharicn said:

:driving: There will be stock jeep in the parade. It is important that people see that you can be a member of DeJA with a stock Jeep. :driving:

:up: Remember that we were all stock at one time. :up:

lol k cool..im not completely stock ;D..I still have my 2" BB lmao :driving:

Ill just be glad to meet some of you guys in person finally. Also if the weather isnt to cold well you guys take your tops off?

• lol k cool..im not completely stock ;D..I still have my 2" BB lmao :driving:

Ill just be glad to meet some of you guys in person finally. Also if the weather isnt to cold well you guys take your tops off?

Im stock with a 2" bb too..
    and no.. i dont think ill take the top off..

• Like Tugboat said I should be able to attend with the trailer and Jeep. There is an off chance the my Jeep will not be put together for the parade, but we can flex another one out if needed. I should have plenty of straps and chain to make it safe.

Aaron

• There is an off chance the my Jeep will not be put together for the parade, but we can flex another one out if needed. I should have plenty of straps and chain to make it safe.

Aaron

I'll volunteer!

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Wish I could do one of the parades, but we have Adyson's bday party that day. Make a good showing guys and girls!

Paul

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!