hammer down

• pretty cool vid. pretty bad ass.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• while fun to watch.... I'm sorry but I've gotta say that guy is an idiot. no helmet, no glasses, apparently no consideration for the other vehicles, either judging from all the rocks and debris he's throwing at them. Plus, he doesn't even seem to know how to handle it, bouncing way off the trails like that. And I really feel sorry for the rigs that don't have 40s with a big block chevy to power through the trails he just tore to pieces, those are mostly natural trails not man made competition obstables. Tread Lightly anybody? ok, I'm off my soap box.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• rock bouncing is quickly becoming its on sport in the south. Tim Cameron is at the for front of revolutionizing this sport, and what he has done in the vehicles he has owned and built is amazing. I would recoment watching the evolution of Tim Cameron to get a little better idea of how this sport has come about. Also to give you an idea of the traction this sport has go to the Pirate4x4 homepage.

• Yeah that's the style with them guys. Here everyone go crazy when Shit starts flying lol. I think he can drive his ass off. I'd love to jump into the pass seat in one of those :beer:

• That reminds me of a RC car that is just way too fast for climbing. Its either running full on or nothing. Hell of a rig.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Cool rig. People who go to watch those things in person should expect debris flying. Also, the guy should have googles on.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Guess you guys don't hang around pirate any. Buggy's are the big thing. Whats funny is watching this guy try that shit for 10 tries, then some mild jeep or yota comes and walks up it. To each his own but this type of wheeling attracts attention. These type buggy's make the Ultra 4 and KOH possible. The way that KOH has advanced the sport of wheeling has never been done before and I think its a good thing. I personally like his videos and I love buggy's. I think its good for the sport... Guess I'll step off my soap box now.

By the way its a LSX 454 Small Block and 42's... and he is on private land..

96 Jeep Grand Cherokee: <br />4.0L - 4.5&quot; Long Arm - D44&#039;s Locked - 33&quot; M/TR&#039;s <br />XRC 8K Winch - Daily Beater / Offroad Machine<br />1970 Chevy Nova: Rowdy Street Car

• Just goes to show that with a lot of horsepower and mashing the skinney pedal you dont need skill. To drive that is, now to build a rig that can stand that level abuse is awsome.

dunno if we are watching the same video. tim cameron and drive his ass off, check out the way hes perfected the rear steer as fast as he does while climbing. takes skill to rock crawl at 2mph. id say it takes skill driving one of those 1200hp rigs like that. :shrug:

• Guess you guys don't hang around pirate any. Buggy's are the big thing. Whats funny is watching this guy try that shit for 10 tries, then some mild jeep or yota comes and walks up it. To each his own but this type of wheeling attracts attention. These type buggy's make the Ultra 4 and KOH possible. The way that KOH has advanced the sport of wheeling has never been done before and I think its a good thing. I personally like his videos and I love buggy's. I think its good for the sport... Guess I'll step off my soap box now.

By the way its a LSX 454 Small Block and 42's... and he is on private land..

There are different types, or styles of buggys... This video is a "rock bouncer" it would last all of 1/4 of a KOH style race. It is rarely a "mild" jeep or other rig that comes up and walks it.... It is normally another skinned buggy or a VERY built rig. KOH has advanced high speed rock rigs greatly and there is some trickle down to trail rigs. As much as I agree or disagree with that type of wheeling, it is on private land, so do as the landowner pleases...

It is cool to see him thrash around and then the next rig up is a Jims chassis on stickys that just walks up with minimal wheel speed.

Thanks Ross

• I was thinking the same thing. He controls that rear steer VERY well!

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• There are different types, or styles of buggys... This video is a "rock bouncer" it would last all of 1/4 of a KOH style race. It is rarely a "mild" jeep or other rig that comes up and walks it.... It is normally another skinned buggy or a VERY built rig. KOH has advanced high speed rock rigs greatly and there is some trickle down to trail rigs. As much as I agree or disagree with that type of wheeling, it is on private land, so do as the landowner pleases...

It is cool to see him thrash around and then the next rig up is a Jims chassis on stickys that just walks up with minimal wheel speed.

Thanks Ross

Not quite sure where i stated his buggy is a KOH rig. I said these style buggy's make KOH possible. A lot of engineering goes into a KOH rig and they use some of the same style and components that a "Rock Bouncer" uses because they are know to hold up under extreme stress. Also there are many videos of Tim trying something and then a Tj or yota on 37 goes thru at a much slower and deliberate pace. But Tims goal is to build a bad buggy he can thrash on and not break, and make it up the trail in the fastest time. He also has more money then the law allows so this is his enjoyment to absolutely go balls deep on a climb. more power too him, and again he gains attention and interest in the sport is all for the better.

96 Jeep Grand Cherokee: <br />4.0L - 4.5&quot; Long Arm - D44&#039;s Locked - 33&quot; M/TR&#039;s <br />XRC 8K Winch - Daily Beater / Offroad Machine<br />1970 Chevy Nova: Rowdy Street Car

• OK I went on you-tube and watched some more videos of rock bouncers. I can see how this has become its own niche in the off road world. While it is fast paced and seems to be ripping up everything in site including trees there is a following. It is fun to watch and see what these rigs can and will do I don't like the fact that it shows (or portrays) reckless abandon for the trails / environment. I also have to correct my previous statement after looking at some of the videos it does require skill to control that type of rig from going completely out of control. While not my style of off roading I guess it needs to be recognized as its own thing. Just like monster trucks!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!