Newark Jeep on Cleveland Avenue

• Just want to give everybody a heads up.My wife took her Liberty down to the dealership in Newark to get the bluetooth reset, yeah worst idea ever. She got it back with a three inch rip in the passenger leather seat. When she confronted them about it all they had to say was their number one mechanic worked on it he says they didn't rip it. When I went down there all they said was we had to prove it wasn't cut before we dropped it off. Worst customer service ever. I mean they didn't care at all. All I can say is if you go down there take a full video of your vehicle head to toe and may God be with you.

And believe me I'm holding back what I really want to say about them

• thats where i bought my first jeep (03TJ) brand new....if not for the fact i was using a family chrysler discount...i would have walked out. that's why i went to Adams for my next jeep...

sorry to hear about your situation...keep in mind the power of the internet....a couple posts in the right area and they will feel the pain.

• That sucks Jay. I bet Laura was ready to strangle the guy.

It may be worth contacting Jeep directly as well. They hate hearing customers have these experiences at their dealerships.

• I had this experience while getting a sound system installed in my Honda S2000. The installer gouged my drivers door with a screwdriver he had in his back pocket. The shop was in a hurry to get me settled up but I took my time looking over the car and saw the gouge. The prick paid about $450 to repaint the door. I went online and burned his ass.

• i just picked my JK up from Brandywine Jeep on kirkwood highway. Brought my jeep in because the seal on the driver door is leaking, they gave me loaner car (loaner is a POS) but at least i had a car to drive til she was done. Brandywine has great customer service

• After having literally the worst car buying experience of my life at Carman, I put a review up on Dealer Rater. They have a spot for service as well as sales to report your experience. Just a thought

• Agreed! This is a load of crap! Just b/c they don't want to shell out the money to replace it doesn't mean that they should get away with it! Don't just give in to them!

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• You should be receiving a survey about the service via email. They have a 5 star rating and really want to keep it. If you don't give them 5 stars they or Chrysler should contact you as to why you didn't rate them 5 stars.

I rated them 5 stars for my overall buyer experience & when I went back to the dealership for something else they thanked me for the good rating so they do know. I bought my 2014 Jeep there in November.

I've dealt with them before buying the Jeep and have had no problems other than the time I had my oil changed on my PT Cruiser which included checking the fluids. I knew my antifreeze was low before I went in. I ALWAYS look under the hood and check what they did before I leave the lot. Went to the car, lifted the hood and no antifreeze was added. Went back into Service and the manager had me pull the PT into the covered area and he put the antifreeze in.

I'm sorry this happened to you. They should fix it. I would contact Chrysler / Jeep directly and complain. Also go to their Facebook page and tell everyone about what happened!

• I had a terrible customer service experience with Carman while buying my truck. I filed a complaint with the BBB against them. Hopefully the first and the last time I have to do that....but I will never go back there again. I take every opportunity the bash the hell out of the place. Mistakes happen, but its how the mistakes are resolved that matters most.

• About the survey and 5 star rating. They will call you before they have the survey call you. That way if you have a complaint they will not have the survey company call you. That's how they keep their rating so high.

• when i owned a car audio shop, and may i worked in had a incoming status report, or inspection check list. you walked around the car and noted any obvious damage, and INOP items. you checked the radio, turn signals, how the car started, windows, locks, ect. noted scratches, gouges, stains....ect to cover your ass. i would imagine they did that...and if not throw the book at em. its your word (customer) against theirs....customer is always right...or the world will find out they were wrong...

• I appreciate all the views and all the comments. But believe me they didn't give a rats ass I was talking to myself up there.
    We ended up taking it back over to carmax where we bought it and explained what happened and they fixed it up free of charge. They're pretty good people over at carmax. I've been hunting high and low for the last run of a Jeep Liberty fully loaded. They brought two or three of them from other lots for me to look at it with no obligation to buy the last one was perfect. I did a little networking while I was there and one guy that works the service counter is a fellow Jeeper. His name is Mick, anyway he told me to bring it back the next day and his interior guy would be in the yard working on stuff. Took it back over there sure enough they fixed it up you can't even tell.
    Don't get me wrong it does suck it was completely immaculate before they got their hands on it over there in Newark

• I appreciate all the views and all the comments. But believe me they didn't give a rats ass I was talking to myself up there.
    We ended up taking it back over to carmax where we bought it and explained what happened and they fixed it up free of charge. They're pretty good people over at carmax. I've been hunting high and low for the last run of a Jeep Liberty fully loaded. They brought two or three of them from other lots for me to look at it with no obligation to buy the last one was perfect. I did a little networking while I was there and one guy that works the service counter is a fellow Jeeper. His name is Mick, anyway he told me to bring it back the next day and his interior guy would be in the yard working on stuff. Took it back over there sure enough they fixed it up you can't even tell.
    Don't get me wrong it does suck it was completely immaculate before they got their hands on it over there in Newark

Even though it got fixed, I still would call the dealership manager/owner, Chrysler/Jeep, and give them horrible reviews wherever I could! Spread your story around! It may just keep the next potential customer from going through the headache you did. As a business, they should have done the necessary thing to make it right and build and protect their reputation! If their attitude is that they just don't care about the customer then let them feel the financial sting! Best case scenario is they go out of business.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

Good for Carmax! I would still report the dealership service department though.

• Even though it got fixed, I still would call the dealership manager/owner, Chrysler/Jeep, and give them horrible reviews wherever I could! Spread your story around! It may just keep the next potential customer from going through the headache you did. As a business, they should have done the necessary thing to make it right and build and protect their reputation! If their attitude is that they just don't care about the customer then let them feel the financial sting! Best case scenario is they go out of business.

I agree. Report the dealership. If Chrysler/Jeep, as any company should, wants to protect their brand name then they will be keeping tabs on all of their dealerships. They aren't going to let a dealership owner ruin their bottom-line through poor customer service. You're report may seem like a drop in the bucket but remember, you don't know how full that bucket already is. They may have been collecting complaints from other customers.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!