***Big Dogs Main Jambo Sign up 9/9, 9/10. 9/11***

• Has anyone registered for this yet? They want you to sign up for trail rides and I'm not sure which ones anybody is doing. I do plan on camping, I'm building myself a small camper now. Definitely up for some shooting too!

• Is anyone planning on coming back Saturday night?

My wife kind of gave me the approval for this yesterday at the beach. Matt and Ed witnessed it but I'm not sure whether "Do what you want" really meant that I can actually do what I want. If I came back Saturday night, that may make my other half happier. Do you want to wheel or ride shotgun Stafford?

• I'm not sure whether "Do what you want" really meant that I can actually do what I want.

:hmm: My code of reasoning has always been:

• If she seemed anxious or over happy then she probably has something planned herself.
    • If she said it with no emotion and seemed silent after then don't do it

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Edited once, last by Slimer ().

• My wife kind of gave me the approval for this yesterday at the beach. Matt and Ed witnessed it but I'm not sure whether "Do what you want" really meant that I can actually do what I want. If I came back Saturday night, that may make my other half happier. Do you want to wheel or ride shotgun Stafford?

If the others in the 33-35" group are going then I'll bring my Jeep and wheel with them. If it's all the 40" crew then I'll ride shotty. I think I called dibs for a spot with Aaron months ago, I could possibly ride down with him, ride back with you Sat night and let him schlep my Jeep back on Sunday.

• My wife kind of gave me the approval for this yesterday at the beach. Matt and Ed witnessed it but I'm not sure whether "Do what you want" really meant that I can actually do what I want. If I came back Saturday night, that may make my other half happier. Do you want to wheel or ride shotgun Stafford?

I heard her say it's your bday so you can go wheeling if you want to for it. We all leave early Sunday anyway so you'd be home at a decent time if you didn't want to totally bitch out. Stafford has a street legal jeep, he can drive himself home :pirate:

• My jeep is still running and it's still on 35's. I'm pretty sure I'm not running with any 40" jeeps, but that would be fun to watch too. I'm heading up Thursday and staying till Sunday. I made a camper so I wouldn't have to tent, so I will be pulling that.
    I met a guy called Subvet on here, he has a Cj2a with 35's. I told him he should take it up there that weekend but he said something about a convoy trailer accident one time. His jeep's not quite ready yet.
    Does someone reserve a campsite, or is there a favored area to get a site in?

• ... I'm not sure whether "Do what you want" really meant that I can actually do what I want.

When a woman says "Do what you want", it inevitably means that you do so at your own peril.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• I met a guy called Subvet on here, he has a Cj2a with 35's. I told him he should take it up there that weekend but he said something about a convoy trailer accident one time. His jeep's not quite ready yet.

IIRC,
    The Convoy was Knoxrents, Slopar, Jman, Alextremetj, Solomi, and myself, I think, we may have clogged up 95-695 :driving:

https://www.delawareja.com/for…20208.msg172035#msg172035

• Yo Fran!!! Great seeing you on here.

That was a crazy trip. Poor SLOPAR had a rough Big Dogs that year.

Convoys can be a pain in the ass, especially when they are mixes of trailers and Jeeps. I prefer mostly solo now...maybe one or two others max.

• Yo Fran!!! Great seeing you on here.

That was a crazy trip. Poor SLOPAR had a rough Big Dogs that year.

Convoys can be a pain in the ass, especially when they are mixes of trailers and Jeeps. I prefer mostly solo now...maybe one or two others max.

I havent gone anywhere, i have just been layin low and lurking around here the last few years with nothing much to say
    Other that that minor hiccup the rest of the trip was good thought the trail took its toll that year

• Convoys can be a pain in the ass, especially when they are mixes of trailers and Jeeps. I prefer mostly solo now...maybe one or two others max.

I agree about that, driving in groups of any size can be trouble. I've been on a few group rides with Harley's and each time at least once we were a group of locked-up Harley's skidding together all over the place! I don't do that anymore.

• Hi guys. The wife and I are new to the Jeep ownership. Is this trip for members only, or can anyone go? We love camping and would like to meet some new people.

If you're afraid of struggle, then you're afraid of growth. You have to go through it to get to it. Let it build you, not break you.

• 1. altierior - tentative
    2. JKGray10
    3. Stafford
    4. Slowpoke (33s)
    5. WILLYN- as long as my jeep is still running. (35s)
    6. Spedly
    7. JMack (33s)
    8. Daddanelena
    9. Tonka
    10. Shorebird
    11. Gavan
    12. Astape
    13. 2000sahara
    14. Jeffsjk

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!